myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

Is anybody out there?? Tomorrow looks good. One last plug for the year at my local beach. CC bay in Orleans. Start time on 10:00am+ will provide low water to ease into. By noon it should be for advanced only as the wind is suppose to pick up and the water depth will be allowing the waves to grow.

By bragging about my spot, I better be prepared to give it a shot! If its more out of the south, Kalmus is my fallback

rc
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

I cant get down there Christmas eve but Im hoping to get out (at the Cape) Tue, Wed or Thurs.
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

Im definately sailing tommorrow morning,and maybe most of the day, as long as its windy. Not sure where. Ill check the forecast in morning. I would really like some waves. scooper
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

Is your spot good if it goes more to the north west? If its a west wind Ill probably go to Deep Hole in R.I. looking for some left over south swell waves. I do want to try your spot sometime. Ive seen the earlier posts with directions etc. scooper
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

Well I did go. I only give it a C for the day. With the forecast I never thought Id be underpowered with a 6.0 Was in the water for about 1-1/2 hours. Only the last 1/2 did it pick up.

Now on the family stuff.

NW is good!

RC
scooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

I went to Deep Hole, given the west wind forecast. There was a left over south swell for nearly perfect down the line wave riding for about 1/2 hour before it switched to WNW and NW and became offshore, light, shifty. I stayed out in the offshore winds long enough to get a good workout and feel thouroughly humbled. Also, I loaned a board to someone there when the conditions were still good and he smashed the nose of the board when he got pounded by a wave. Does anyone know of a repair person in the Boston area? scooper
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your board. I went to Seabrook but went landsailing. The wind was blowing 20+ and the tide was high. One guy was out, way upwind and sailing fast.
I sailed in the RV parking lot and at least got a workout.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

hey Ron,

your posts about Skaket beach have not gone unnoticed. looks like the place to be on NW, yes? although Im not sure my season is not over...cold

Mike
ron.c

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: RE: NE - Anybody Thinking of X-Mas Eve? Reply with quote

Thanks for asking Mike:

Ive had alot of great days with the wind out to the NW. It works from S to NNE. At 4 hours below high tide, its a walk but OK. 4 to 2-1/2hrs before high its flat with chop increasing the further you go out. Even at high tide with a strong NW you can get out against a shore break thats not too bad. There are some rocks that line up with the south side of the beach, to the right or north, nothing but sand. At this time of year, Im mostly interested is sailing in shallow water conditions as Im almost always alone. With the tide conditions to my liking Ive had several great days in the low 40s and at 3 good sessions at 37-38F air!

RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: