myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NE Sailing Fri Dec 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Ron,
Im going to sail down there sometime, but gusts to 60 is way out of my range right now. Ill probably sail Boston (Pleasure Bay) tomorrow.

Oliver
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Im gonna try it 10:30am - 2+hours after high tide
rc
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

You all should have been there - late morning, brightest part of the day, air @49F and water OK, strong 4.0 conditions, choice of flat water, chop and small ramps on the outside. No cold issues what so ever. It was blowing its hardest at 12:30. Called it quits while I was ahead and didnt have to walk too far in.
Would have been a A+ if others where there to race, otherwise an A!!
rc
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: RE: NE Sailing Fri Dec 1? Reply with quote

Oliver,
Ive never sailed at Pleasure Bay but its the closest location to my house so I want to try it. How was it yesterday? Someone that I was sailing with yesterday, at Chappy, said P Bay isnt very good in West or Northwest because the wind comes across the land. It was pretty gusty at Chappy, but fun. The max gusts of 35 was managable on my 4.2. Others were on bigger sails and they were fine. It was challanging sailing, though. Waves on the inside, confused chop outside. I sailed from 10-4, thought my forearms were going to lock up on me. Advil kept me going. scooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: