myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Ponds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markwike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: The Ponds Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Ponds (Palm Springs) are open for sailing now?
tthole

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

Hi,

Check out pswindsurfing.com. It looks like they are trying to open in 2007, definately worth a spring trip.

Cheers, Tim
Juerg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

Lets hope this opens again a great place to host a speed competition and bring some glory back to California.

check the www.windsurfdeal.com guys they sponsor the midwest speed quest it woudl be great to have similar events in PS.

J
markwike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

Thanks, Tim. I did see that site and it didnt seem clear whether or not they were open. Im going to swing by when Im out there to have a look.

-M
markwike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

I agee. Socal needs more sailspots especially inland which would be a real treat. Ill check out that site.

Thanks.
goinoff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

I heard recently that there was a good amount of water in the ponds. All systems should be GO.....
Juerg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

if the ponds are ready for sailing shoot a e-mail to the gear guy gear@windsurfdeal.com he can setup a demo day with some high speed sail and top notch mast / fins so we can let the ponds know what speed is. What board size you guys used back in the days?
gregorio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

Miles Barrett is a real good guy and a tire less worker. He has been after the water distict to get water for years. I heard he has all of the permits he needs. We just need some water. Now that the new reservoir is full, there should be some water for the Ponds. Let us all pray for alot of water.
RPM7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: RE: The Ponds Reply with quote

Has anyone heard any more news on the status of the Ponds? All I know is the website says they hope to open in March 07. Anyone got any more details? Im antsy, can you tell?

Yeah, and what size/kind of board is typical there? Ive got a 110L short, wide slalom board. Think that will be good? Or would a 95L freestyle type be better? Anybody sailed there back in the day?
salty-skin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POnds project cancelled.

http://www.pe.com/columns/bobpratte/stories/PE_News_Local_D_dbob14.248db64.html

I guess Miles hasn't had the time to take down the website. This was a HUGE disappointment for me - I had planned to go down and check it out as soon as it opened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: