myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
La Ventana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haolesurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: La Ventana Reply with quote

Im an intermediate windsurfer and think with a couple of weeks/months could really make some solid advances. I want very bad to become comfy sailing short boards and waves. If I want to spend a couple of months somewhere this winter is La Ventana as good a place as any? I would probably drive so I could take my dogs and gear. Any recs on where to stay?? Baja Joe or Kirks or other.
WindSapien

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: RE: La Ventana Reply with quote

La Ventana is a great Intermediate sailing place.Kirks is also a good place to stay. If you are driving yourself you might consider camping. It will save you mucho bucks. Kirks has camping at his site and you can use all the amenities (ie) shower,toilet,kitchen w/ ref.The other option for camping is the campground a half mile south of Kirks. Fairly spartan . You really need an Rv there. If you camp at Kirks you will have rescue available.Lots of Kiters at the public campground.Not a problem ,plenty of room to play.WS
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: RE: La Ventana Reply with quote

HI,

La Ventana is a great place to progress since the wind is steady side onshore and reliable. If you are staying for a couple of month staying at a B&B would be very expensive. IF you like crowds the main camp ground is the place to be. If you like a bit more privacy there are some private campgrounds nearby that have better restrooms and more space. If you are more of an loner there are still places you can camp several miles to the north but the launches are a bit more rugges. For background information about Baja windsurfing, driving and places to stay see my Baja Guide at: http://www.iwindsurf.com/travel.iws?genID=22

I will be updating it as the season gets closer.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com forecaster.
haolesurfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: RE: La Ventana Reply with quote

The problem is this: If I go away to camp and further my windsurf skills for a few months when I return I wont have a place to live and I wont have a girlfriend anymore. Although, this may not be a bad thing (weve been living together for about 4 yrs) and Im sure I could find a place to stay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: