myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Got a new WS mobile but.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Got a new WS mobile but..... Reply with quote

I want to know if there are any good tips on storing smaller items like wetsuits, jackets, trunks anything that doesnt end up on the roof. Thanks!
slynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: RE: Got a new WS mobile but..... Reply with quote

Try a hanging gear hammock. I use one in my van to store clothes. Nice thing about gear hammocks is that you can see where everything is inside -- saves fumbling around.

You can find them at almost any outdoors store. Or try here: www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=7449&memberId=12500226

Ive also seen people use hanging shoe racks to store small stuff.
Windlover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: RE: Got a new WS mobile but..... Reply with quote

Storage bins are great for putting your wet gear into after sailing. Just remember to take everything out and let it dry good before putting it back in. I just use a gear bag but have a bin for the wet stuff for the ride home.
Chrisg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Got a new WS mobile but..... Reply with quote

2nd part of this question. What kind of tools etc would you think be handy to have in there?
Windlover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Got a new WS mobile but..... Reply with quote

I would suggest finding a small tackle box that has a top tray with dividers. You can put fin screws/nuts, small pieces parts, etc. in the tray.

In the bottom, flathead and phillips screwdrivers, pliers/channel locks/vise grips/needlenose, 3/8 drive ratchet with a small assortment of sockets, pocket knife/leatherman, ding stick for emergency board repairs (found online or surf shops), sail repair tape (check ebay), spare downhaul/outhaul rope, and anything else that comes to mind. Keeping all your tools in a separate box will keep the water out and tools together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: