myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need Malibu in Nor Cal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastracker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

Hi Im looking for a Mistral Malibu late 80s 1010 165ltr funboard with centerboard or similar for my 10yr old son. I live close to Sacramento. Anybody out there got an idea. Thanks John P. fastracker@mlode.com
Jrobb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

Are you dead set on the Malibu? Or are you looking for something similar?
Fastracker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

Similar is ok. I just have old Mistral parts, unis,etc and used to have one and know how it rides.I have a M Equipe and Superlight. What have you got or know about?
Jrobb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

Oh, I have a Klepper 370 that I dont use. Dont think I can sell it and is just taking up space in my garage. The uni has been lost but I use a Mistral mast track converter nut. Basically a large version of a fin screw nut on a-boxes. Works great and tested up to 7.5 sail in 15kts up and planing. The board goes up wind like noones business...almost to a fault. Has super sharp thick 3 tall rails, daggerboard and all work great. Only real downside is size and weight. Its about 35-40lbs.

If interested its free to a good home...

I sailed Superlights a while back and Equippes (on occasion).

J
Fastracker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. However the other reason for the Malibu was the soft rails, thin tail and weight. The boy sails the Equipe very well with a chopped 4.5 but the tacks take forever cause of the box rails. I have a couple of those plate nuts for my chinook bases. Thanks John
Jrobb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

No Problem.
Jrobb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

The kid is 10 probably 60lbs and not quite as burly as you Lee.
Fastracker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

About 65#. Ive got him on a shorter fin. He can stand dam near on the leeward rail and the board
stays flat.Hes learning fast. He goes out for an hour or so in 8 to 10 and goes wherever he wants to on our inland lake in Pinecrest. Hes tried my 4.5 Slalom race but its a little top heavy compared to his chopped 4.5 pinhead. Ill let him try it again next month to see what he does.Has it been blowin in the Delta? John
Jrobb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

Yup, Sherman has been goin strong for 4days straight.

J
mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Need Malibu in Nor Cal Reply with quote

I have a Tiga Swift in excellent shape which is 106 long and 26 wide. I sent you a message via the iwindsurf message center with my name and contact information if you are interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: