myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bay area in the Summer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pacspeed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: RE: Bay area in the Summer. Reply with quote

The city of San Francisco is likely to be cool, windy and foggy, at least the western half, as well as pretty much anywhere along the coast. The rest of the Bay Area is hot hot hot in the summer.
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Bay area in the Summer. Reply with quote

Depends on your definition of hot. Whoo, 90 degrees is hot? We are running 105 or better and if you think that is hot, the poor saps up in Redding were running in the 110+ range. So I guess it depends on your definition of hot.

But to answer your question, yes, S.F. tends to run on the cool side in the summer. Until AC became standard equipment, most people who lived in S.F. never had it in their cars. Most homes in S.F. dont have AC, so when it does rarely get hot, they suffer.

Coachg
carl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Bay area in the Summer. Reply with quote

I think Pacspeed lives up near Seattle so anything above 75 would be hot(3x)!! Many houses here dont have A/C even all the way dow to San Jose. The cool afternoon bay breeze is our A/C.
SF near the ocean can be low 60s/hi 50s in the summer if the fog is thick and doesnt clear for days. If you dont like the weather, drive 30 miles, Mark Twain didnt have that option.
Windlover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: RE: Bay area in the Summer. Reply with quote

Portland is not as rainy as it used to be. We still get our share but not the days on end rains that made this area famous. Avg. temps in summer range from low 70s to low 90s. Occasionally it hits 100 but not often. Winter temps avg. low 40s to low 60s. It snows once or twice.

I ride my road bike most of the year and mt. bike much of the year. Skiing/snowboarding is 1-1.5 hrs away. Windsurfing the Gorge is 1-1.5 hrs, coast 1-2hrs. Sailing can be year round if you can handle cold weather. I usually stop between late Nov. to early March. There are also lots of other things to do such as kayaking, rock climbing, hiking, etc. The number of outdoor activities available in this area is amazing. Maine is the only state that I have not been in and I honestly feel that this area of the US has the most to offer an avid outdoor enthusiast.
JRuffus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: RE: Bay area in the Summer. Reply with quote

HAMPTON NEW HAMPSHIRE IS THE PLACE TO BE:
SKIING 2 HOURS AWAY, SWEET MOUNTIANS, OCEAN, 1 MINUTE AWAY WITH EPIC CONDITIONS, AND CAPE COD 2 HOURSE AWAY , AGAIN, EPIC.

AND YOU CAN MAKE LOTS OF MONEY LIVING IN HAMPTON DUE TO BOSTON BEING SO CLOSE.

HAMPTON IS THE NEW RAGE PLACE FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW- AND A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU 4.7 THROUGH 5.8 IN SPRING AND FALL IF YOU LIKE DOUBLE OVERHEAD WAVES ; )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: