myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
a trip to nice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julesy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: a trip to nice Reply with quote

hi, Im planning a 3 month windsurfing trip to nice from august to november, any information on windsurfing and accommodation would be brill? cheers! jules
allen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: RE: a trip to nice Reply with quote

I was in Nice a year ago and took a ferry to Corsica and had some very nice sailing at the southern tip of the island near Bonifacio. On the mainland, most of the sailing takes place in Almanarre near Toulon. Corsica was well worth the trip.
eibarrondo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: RE: a trip to nice Reply with quote

First of all, Nice is not windy. The best spot nearby is Cannes. The spot Palm beach. Hard to find rental material but I believe you can find at Island Feeling which is very close to the spot in Cannes.

Wont find much wind in August apart from the occassional Mistral day (1 day out of 7 at most). Youll find more wind from late September until Nov. Water temp still fairly warm.

If you really want to windsurf close to the Nice area, I would suggest you stay in Cannes which is the best spot.

If you dont mind driving, LAlmanarre, close to Hyres, or StAygulf (30 minute drive from Cannes) are windier choices.

South Corsica is definitively worth the trip and will certainly be windier than Nice or Cannes.

If need more info, let me know.
allen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: RE: a trip to nice Reply with quote

Take the Ferry from Nice to the capital city of Ajaccio. The best windsurfing is at the southern tip of the Island near Bonifacio (about 60 km, 1 hour drive from Ajaccio). They rent ok stuff at www.bonifacio-windsurf.com. The sailing was pretty fun, flat water on the inside w/rolling swells outside. One day there were very nice ramps on one of the reefs. Beautiful place. I was there in early June, wind was 6.0.
eibarrondo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: RE: a trip to nice Reply with quote

Yes, you can rent stuff at Bonifacio. You can take a ferry from Nice to Ajaccio or Bastia. Ajaccio seems much closer to Bonifacio but timewise Bastia is as close (the road from Ajaccio to Bonifacio is full of curves).

There are several spots close to Bonifacio but I am not sure they will let you take rental stuff to another spot as you do in Maui.

If you decide to stay in mainland France, go close to Hyeres and it is windier that Nice.
eibarrondo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: RE: a trip to nice Reply with quote

Yes, you can rent stuff at Bonifacio. You can take a ferry from Nice to Ajaccio or Bastia. Ajaccio seems much closer to Bonifacio but timewise Bastia is as close (the road from Ajaccio to Bonifacio is full of curves).

There are several spots close to Bonifacio but I am not sure they will let you take rental stuff to another spot as you do in Maui.

If you decide to stay in mainland France, go close to Hyeres and it is windier that Nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: