myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Part of my stolen gear is back to me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shitan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Part of my stolen gear is back to me Reply with quote

Many thanks to the fabulous work of the guys at Berkeley Bordsports i got back my:
JP
Harness
Wetsuit

BBS received a call from a moron asking if they buy boards and he has some Dakine board and a starboard for sale. BBS told him this is worth a lots of money just bringm over. He never mentioned the time or confirmed doing the transaction. Meanwhile, BBS contacted me and got more details about my stolen gear, i was in my way saling by then and my heart started racing untill 6:08pm when i received an other call from BBS telling me they got part my gear and they called the police but the guy is already gone, Got licence plate and physical descriptions of the theif.
The board is in good shape so are the wetsuit and the harness.
Now im waiting for the cops to do their job to lock someone in jail and may be get me back my other board.
Thanks again to Bordsports employees.

Lucky me
timwnitram

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Part of my stolen gear is back to me Reply with quote

Nice to hear a happy ending (at least partially).

For what its worth, Ive actually had good luck with the justice system when I got scammed from a bum EBay sale. Maybe the system does work. Wink

-Tim
polarbear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Part of my stolen gear is back to me Reply with quote

RIGHT ON!!! This is good news! Thanks a bunch to BBS for (always) doing a wonderful job!!!
JRuffus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: RE: Part of my stolen gear is back to me Reply with quote

Dam!!

Out here in New England, we cant even give our stuff away!! I have left 2 year old gear out on the street corner in hopes thay would take it off my hands, no luck. Actually had to pay to bring it to the dump! that tells you about the people here, either they are too stuffy to want somebodys old gear, or they think they are better than us.
slynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Part of my stolen gear is back to me Reply with quote

Shitan, how did the story end? Did you get the rest of your gear back? Were the thieves arrested?
polarbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Part of my stolen gear is back to me Reply with quote

Other board came back to Boardsports a week after it got stolen. Different guys, but all connected to the others who came to the shop a couple of days after they snatched the equipment from Shitans backyard. They wanted to sell that second board to the shop (just like the first time). Thanks to Boardsports staff who were aware and knew exactly what to do, they were arrested:-) So, this is a story that ends well...Shitan is a happy sailor finally reunited with his JP, so does his girlfriend, reunited with the Starboard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: