myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hood River - Windsurf Lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glennss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Hood River - Windsurf Lessons Reply with quote

My son and I and a friend of his are going to the Gorge the last week of June. Im an intermediate, my son is an advanced beginner, and his friend is a beginner. Ive found info on two shops that give lessons...Brians Windsurfing and Big Winds. Id be interested in any comments/recommendations anyone may have on these...or others I may not know about. Thanks..
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: RE: Hood River - Windsurf Lessons Reply with quote

Ive taken a lesson from Brian - and wasnt impressed. Big Winds and Hood River Water Play are the two best outfits in the Gorge. Either one will do a great job.
Vildernessgal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: RE: Hood River - Windsurf Lessons Reply with quote

I had lessons with Brian last summer and thought they were great! After the land lesson, I was waterstarting within 15 minutes of hitting the river.

my 2cents

Lisa
robyost

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: RE: Hood River - Windsurf Lessons Reply with quote

My wife and I took a lesson from Brian 2 years ago. She took a beginner refresner and I took a water-starting lesson. She was sent to the beginners cove and I went out on the river and was able to water-start. We both found it to be well worth it. I found Brian to be a no nonsense kind of instructor and did not pander or stroke his students. If you dont mind that, and want excelent instruction, hes the man.
Arik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: RE: Hood River - Windsurf Lessons Reply with quote

Big Winds and Hood River Water Play may not retain any instructors from season to season. Ive taken lessons from instructors working at those stores. Everyone could sail, but instruction is another matter. Brian has (at least) a decade of teaching experience -- its what he does all year long. Hes all about getting you sailing better. Go to him if youre serious about improving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: