myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Mast Track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derelicte

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Mistral Mast Track Reply with quote

Ive got a few-years-old mistral escape and the mast track is jammed... I mean it wont begin to budge. Anyone got experience with disassembling them and/or cleaning them up? I guess new tracks arent cheap either.
windbetty

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Mast Track Reply with quote

Hi,

This may sound strange..or you may have tried this, but vegetable oil sometimes works. Alternately, if youre in the Bay Area, call Berkeley Boardsports. Those boys have dealt with just about everything and they deal Mistral Gear: 510-The-Wave.

Good Luck.

-Rebecca
The Boardsports School
carl

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: RE: Mistral Mast Track Reply with quote

Are you talking about the mast track with the square car with a hole in it that you plugged the mast base pin into?
Mistral stopped making those adjustable tracks in about 1997, so parts may be hard to find. (After 97 Mistral went to the same style track as all the newer boards have). There was a bungie that sometimes got wedged between the car and track. Maybe look for that if the veg oil doesnt work. Or if youre good with epoxy repairs, you could remove the old track and epoxy in the newer style track. Probably better to upgrade to a newer used board if youre not good with repairs though. Swimming back after the track pulls out, is not as fun as it sounds!
windbetty

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Mast Track Reply with quote

One final solution. If all else fails, and you really love that board and it happens to be the older Screamer (or similar)....let me know. If you in the bay area I have two older used Mistral boards (yes, one a classic Screamer) that I can sell you for a dime...well almost a dime Wink

-Rebecca
The Boardsports School
derelicte

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Mast Track Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the input: It is a Mistral Escape with the 25 track and Mistral still sells it, but it goes for ~$90 at the only online listing I can find. Ill go grab a hammer and some WD-40 or silicon spray and get to work... then post the results. Maybe the effort will result in me offering up a damage board for the 1st taker (either accidental or out of frustration!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: