myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
JP Boards SUCK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srphil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: JP Boards SUCK! Reply with quote

Be careful if youre considering a new JP--Their warranty isnt worth the paper its written on!! I had a problem with a brand new board, and they totally screwed me--
Buy something else!!
PatrickDietz00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: RE: JP Boards SUCK! Reply with quote

details? i love my JP, what exactally are your problems with them?
psmith2004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: RE: JP Boards SUCK! Reply with quote

The title of your posting is a little ambiguous. At first sight it might seem you are panning the boards themselves rather than the vendor.

I used a 135 l JP Excite in Margarita, at Vela Windsurf Center El Yaque, and was absolutely delighted with it. When I see a used one for sale, Ill be the first in line.

And yes the other responder is right, you should be posting this under the Gear section.

Peter
popolvu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: RE: JP Boards SUCK! Reply with quote

JP boards a great for beginners, and granpa style windsurfers.
melpel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: RE: JP Boards SUCK! Reply with quote

Sounds like more of a dealer issue. I have sailed JPs for years - older ones are durable and excellent to sail. Newer ones high performance, but they cut the weight so much the boards damage easily.

I had a problem with my new JP last year. It took awhile on turn around time, but they gave me a new board.

Must depend on who you get, and what actually happened to your board (they are picky - if it looks like it was abused they will not honor the warrantee).
kook06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: RE: JP Boards SUCK! Reply with quote

Dude,

Ive had 3 jp boards so far...they have been my best boards ever...only rivaled by my old seatrend atv almost a decadea ago. The boards have been very light and strong..with the only weakness maybe being a bit susceptible to nose dings if you treat it roughly. Otherwise no problems. Neil Pryde Maui and Vela use them as rentals. You need to explain yourself. Just like cars, there can be lemons out there...and like another poster said, it could be a dealer/distributor issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: