myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
how about NortwaveSails?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsurfin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: how about NortwaveSails? Reply with quote

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone owns a northwave sail they semm to be really nice and I am interested in buying a new sail between 6.5 and 7.5.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: RE: how about NorthwaveSails? Reply with quote

They are terrific sails - tons of power and bulletproof. Northwave is the last sailmaker in the Gorge actually making sails in their loft in Hood River, OR. They dont advertise, but they have a huge local following in the Gorge. They have a line call the 511 for the bigger sails - std sizes are 6.2, 6.7, 7.2, and 7.7m.
wsmike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: RE: how about NorthwaveSails? Reply with quote

I have several northwave sails. My biggest is a 6.0 CSX, its absolutely great! When others are sailing 5.5-5.0 and overpowered I can still sail my 6.0 with ease. The range is exceptional, stability is rock solid even overpowered. Its full x-ply construction makes it extremely tough and resistant to UV damage. Id highly recommend a Northwave sail.
lozo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: RE: how about NortwaveSails? Reply with quote

Good product, reasonably priced. Be at the next swap meet in te Gorge, you could get a really hot deal on a Northwave, as they have gone out of business. They could be selling all that was left.
wsmike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: RE: how about NortwaveSails? Reply with quote

You sure they went belly up? I heard that he was selling the business to someone else. So many people I know sail NW, I would be surprised that they would get out now.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: RE: how about NortwaveSails? Reply with quote

Northwave is back in business. The holdup was negotiating and signing a contract between previous and new owners, which resulted in a new contract last week. Blake will still be designing the sails, and the new company owners have been working in and/or around NW for years. Their plan is to concentrate on what Northwave does better than most of the competition: designing and building great sails. (And they build em in the only production loft in the mainland U.S.) They also sell rig hardware, including at least Chinook and NoLimitz components.

THATS a relief. Hundreds of Northwave devotees were at their wits ends trying to figure out what to buy next time.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: