myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wetsuits and water Temps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiamea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Wetsuits and water Temps Reply with quote

thats what IM SCREAMING!!go to florida or have another beer< putting on 2 wetsuits?? Ive been in and out of wetsuits for 30 yrs. and Ive never heard of putting 2 on!!your last name isnt Gump is it??
clewlessone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Wetsuits and water Temps Reply with quote

Here in Michigan, the lakes have just cleared, so the water is plenty cold. I use my drysuit a lot - why expend energy on heat when you could use it for sailing? It really lengthens the season. Why wait for 50 degree water? We sail into mid November, until the air temp goes below 48F or so (call me a wimp). I tried a Bare suit, but the non-stretch top, bonded to the waist, would not get past my jumbo butt. I now buy only ProMotion due to some excellant service I got from them, plus the variety of sizes available. I wear a 2XLshort (511 225#). No other mfg offered anything close that I found. As far as getting in and out of the suit- that is what your sailing buddy is for. Dont leave shore without one.
morwind4me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: RE: Wetsuits and water Temps Reply with quote

Hey Clewlessone, where do you sail?

Back to topic...I have a Barefoot International Suit. perfect for layering, but probably the hardest to get in and out of.

Is is still on the lake up here in da yoop.
gemoore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Wetsuits and water Temps Reply with quote

Peoples hearts react to the cold in similar ways, however. Dressing for sailing in cold water isnt about skill, its about being prepared for unexpected bad luck. The challenge is thus to dress for comfort in normal conditions, while being protected against disaster. If you fail to comprehend that, then, good luck to you, because what youre life depends on is good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: