myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where is Ideal Site to Practice Water Starts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: RE: Where is Ideal Site to Practice Water Starts Reply with quote

Bodega in the harbour. All depths - knee to shoulder, enclosed bay (no sharks, just some ray s Wink. Thats where my GF is trying to get her sailors legs...But it is a drive from the city. Michal.
wiamea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: RE: Where is Ideal Site to Practice Water Starts Reply with quote

I started on the beach w/ my board anchored 90 degrees to the wind, sitting upwind with the sail hovering above me learning how to control the sail, power-depower you dont have to be in the water to learn how to fly the sail, use a small sail 4.5 -5.0 from a sitting position if the boards anchored it;ll pull you upon the board this can be a dangerous situation so make sure you can sheet out in case it overpowers you, then I progressed to the water flying the sail as I walked out to the deep end..and waterstart!!like some one mentioned, get up and fall in or in my case turn around and do it again!!...I picked a sunday afternoon and told myself...self!! I;m not leaving till I pull off 25 waterstarts and only count the ones you can sail out of, being fairly new it took about 2 1/2 hrs wind was steady about 15 mph used a 6.0 retro, my buddies thought I was crazy or on drugs!!...but I can waterstart about 75% of the time, I still need floatatio to clear the sail in deep water and what motivated this madness!!was a guy told me it;d take 2-3 years 2 learn to waterstart!! I rest my case...now that I can waterstart I need 2 learn how to sail!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: