myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
sailworks retro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeflight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: sailworks retro Reply with quote

im considering buying a sailworks retro 7m to use on my xantos II 295. i sail in typically 10 to 20 mph wind with light chop on mountain lakes in northern cal. i have intermediate skills and weigh 160#..is this a pretty good sail??good durability ?? when i get 25 mph of wind what size sail would be better??
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: RE: sailworks retro Reply with quote

That is a big range for one sail. I have a Hifly 133 leter board that is 60 cm wide and 306 cm long, pretty close to your boad specs. I weigh 165 lbs. The closer you get to 10 mph, and that sail will be too small. The closer you get to 20 mph, and that sail will be too big. Dead center at 15 mph and I think you will love that sail. I have never used a Retro, but Ive only heard good things about them.

Coachg
PSS74

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: RE: sailworks retro Reply with quote

I have a 7.5 retro that I love, it pulls almost like it has cambers...Highly recommend the Retro.
djohel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: RE: sailworks retro Reply with quote

I have a 6.5 that I use as my largest sail in the Outer Banks (Im 175+ lbs.). Great sail.
WindSapien

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: RE: sailworks retro Reply with quote

I have been sailing Retros for years and I highly recommend them. No cams but lots of low end gut and top end too. The 7.0 is good but you might opt for either the 6.5 or the 7.5. These sails have about a full meter range. Both will work with the Zantos. By the time you get to 25 kt wind you might need a smaller board as well. Since you weigh 160 go 6.5. The 6.0,6.5,7.0,and 7.5 all rig on a 460 mast. Get the right mast as well.By the way I can tell you that Sailworks stands behind there product.WS
millermp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: RE: sailworks retro Reply with quote

The 5.0 retro was my 5th and best sail to date. Maybe it was my rigging that improved, but it felt lighter than previous sails (Northsail, loft) and I LOVED rigging it - so easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: