myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Environmentalists seem to run the show.

That may help explain why our life expectancy is in the top 2% while NC is in the bottom 1/3.

Sorry to hit you over the head with true facts again; but I warned you.

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
San Francisco public schools drop 'chief' from job titles so as not to offend Native Americans

Public schools in San Francisco are dropping the word "chief" from job titles because of the word's connotation with Native Americans, school officials said.

No longer will division chiefs be referred to as "chiefs" in the San Francisco Unified School District after a Wednesday decision to retire the term, spokesperson Gentle Blythe told the San Francisco Chronicle. The decision will apply to all of the school district's 10,000 employees.

“While there are many opinions on the matter, our leadership team agreed that, given that Native American members of our community have expressed concerns over the use of the title, we are no longer going to use it,” Blythe said.

The school district will need to come up with a new word to replace job titles like "chief technology officer" or "chief of staff." There are at least thirteen positions in the district that will be renamed. Blythe emphasized to the Chronicle that new job titles will not reflect a demotion for anyone.

“By changing how we refer to our division heads we are in no way diminishing the indispensable contributions of our district central service leaders,” Blythe said.

The word "chief" does not have Native American roots. It is an English word borrowed from an Old French word (chef) meaning "leader," derived from the Latin "capus," which means captain or chieftain. In its noun form, chief means the leader or head of a group of people.

But regardless of what words mean or where they come from, some left-wing indigenous rights groups have protested the use of "chief" for job titles or sports team names, claiming it is racist or otherwise a form of cultural appropriation.

This would not be the first time SFUSD has bent over backward to appease the easily offended. Last year, the school district produced a plan to rename schools that had been named after historical figures associated with "slavery, genocide, colonization, exploitation and oppression," including George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. School officials even sought to drop the acronym "VAPA" — which stands for Visual and Performing Arts — because "acronyms are a symptom of white supremacy culture."

Parent outraged over the San Francisco school board's culture war and lingering frustrations from how the schools handled the COVID-19 pandemic led to the recall of three school board members in February. Even so, Wednesday's announcement shows that SFUSD administrators are still fighting a war on words.

In search of a new title for "chiefs," the district might consider "whiteface" — a word for the highest-ranking clowns in the circus.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
Getting pretty desperate to find something wrong with California aren’t we. May I assume that based on the article you posted and since the “N” word isn’t likely to originate from an Africa language you are okay using it? That would fit with your state’s history of fighting to maintain Confederate flags & statues.

Personally, even though I’m Native American I find making as issue of the word chief silly, but what they do in S.F. is their business, not mine.

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg said:
Quote:
Personally, even though I’m Native American I find making as issue of the word chief silly, but what they do in S.F. is their business, not mine.

There are lots of nutty things I could post about how liberal leadership governs the state, but I don't want to go overboard. It's just the news for what it's worth.

One might think that there are lots of more serious issues in San Francisco, nevertheless, some spend their time finding fault with the word chief. Truly nutty!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nutty" doesn't begin to describe that state, its "leadership", or its obsession with wokeness. Instead of nutty, I'd suggest such words as criminally phuctupp. The same goes for my current state of Washington, and, infinitely worse because of its threat to the very future of our nation and the world, the entire progressive cabal.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Iso, we don’t all subscribe to the redeck way of life & turn a blind eye the mass shootings of children. But I have to ask? Do you guys call your older sister Sis or Mom? It must get terribly confusing.

Coachg
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coachg

Why even bother with him? You asked him a reasonable question on another thread and he refuses to answer. It is quite obvious his interest is just repeating right wing talking points.
mac

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolling trolling, over the deep blue sea. Let's take something serious--like murder. North Carolina is the 11th highest murder rate, at 8.0 per 100,000 population. California is 27th, at 5.6. Nine of the eleven highest murder rates are southern states. Imagine that. Easy Rider was accurate.

You won't hear these things on Fox news, or from Techno.

https://247wallst.com/state/how-the-murder-rate-in-north-carolina-compares-to-the-rest-of-the-country/
coachg

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point coboardhead,

I’m sure the Dinosaurs acted the same way when they were also becoming extinct. It is enjoyable to watch him squirm & shout Fox News hate speech after the drubbing tRump took.

Coachg
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coachg said:
Quote:

There are lots of nutty things I could post about how liberal leadership governs the state, but I don't want to go overboard. It's just the news for what it's worth.

One might think that there are lots of more serious issues in San Francisco, nevertheless, some spend their time finding fault with the word chief. Truly nutty!

Shall we address the conservative leadership, specifically relating to the recent Uvalde shooting? Press conference by the governor & mayor gives fake information. Under the newly elected Republican police chief the police sit outside for over 45 minutes while young children who are calling 911 are slowly & systematically executed while the parents outside can hear. Instead of going in the conservative leadership has the police arrest the understandably irate parents. Then the police chief disappears rather than answer questions from the Texas Rangers but appears at a secret meeting with the conservative Mayer & council long enough to get sworn in.

Yes Techno & ISO, we alll choose our poison; woke argument over the word chief or sitting around playing cards while children are executed.

I can live with issues of “woke,” while you can live with issues of mass shootings.

Coachg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 173 of 205

Jump to: