myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stopping scammers on iwindsurf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranger13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Stopping scammers on iwindsurf Reply with quote

So this seems to be out of control on iwindsurf with many ads that are false. Can folks post ads without a paid membership account? Are they all using a free trial or what? At the minimum, Iwindsurf needs to crack down by only letting paid members post. I have responded to several ads and when they ask about shipping and I tell them I will drive to pick up....then they ghost me. Make your site better Iwindsurf.
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and report each ad. In the end, it's best to protect ourselves and use buyer protection tools or go eBay and such, or well known shops.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manuel wrote:
it's best to protect ourselves and use buyer protection tools or go eBay and such ...

I've never been able to get eBay to work, and many complaints via email, on their site, on rating sites, and by phone have accomplished nothing. Just one example: they say I have no account, but when I try to create one, they say I already have one. Every year or two I try them again, but it's clear that they don't care about service or one account. I wrote 'em off years ago.

I rely now on:
1. Paying attention to their writing. It's usually apparent whether they are simply unskilled writers, are foreign, or are pros at this. If in doubt, I run.

2. Google 'em. It's usually easy enough to find out enough about them to smell a rat.

3. As many have said, if they won't meet you face to face, run.

4. The internet is full of other, specific, tells, especially offering you more than you are asking. It was OBVIOUS when one guy offered to pay much more than I was asking and to pay shipping to the Middle East for a 15-years old Ford van. Ya gotta use your head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: