myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Candlestick Vehicle Triage Center - street camping situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpf18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Candlestick Vehicle Triage Center - street camping situation Reply with quote

In response to the street camping situation, the City and County proposes to sublease space at Candlestick Point State Recreation Area and open the Candlestick Point State Recreation Area Vehicle Triage Center. More here, scroll to the bottom:
https://hsh.sfgov.org/get-involved/notices/
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject: Does this mean they will move away from the Launch and Park Reply with quote

Does this mean they will move away from the Launch and Park
Area?

I watched the 2 hour video it looks like the neighborhood is pissed.
I kind of think if they open up that park for the 150 another 150 will take
the place of the current 150.
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Does this mean they will move away from the Launch and Park Reply with quote

ctuna wrote:
Area?

Where is the video?

Check the presentation. They propose parking enforcement regulations and signs as well to prevent re-encampment.
Finally there is a hope! The entrance to the Stick has gotten really bad.
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Does this mean they will move away from the Launch and Park Reply with quote

cosmoecho wrote:
ctuna wrote:
Area?

Where is the video?

Check the presentation. They propose parking enforcement regulations and signs as well to prevent re-encampment.
Finally there is a hope! The entrance to the Stick has gotten really bad.

Found the video.
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: I don't know about the hope as in G job. Reply with quote

I don't know about the hope as in G job.
When they try to fix a wrong they usually end up
shooting the wrong people.
When ever I have seen the government correct things
it means less access for everyone.
If they put spacers in that didn't allow RV parking
maybe to wild of an idea.

First link has two other's in it.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Candlestick Vehicle Triage Center - street camping situation Reply with quote

jpf18 wrote:
In response to the street camping situation, the City and County proposes to sublease space at Candlestick Point State Recreation Area and open the Candlestick Point State Recreation Area Vehicle Triage Center. More here, scroll to the bottom:
https://hsh.sfgov.org/get-involved/notices/

That is good news. The RV homeless camp at Stick is quite depressing to look at, although it made the launching site cleaner and quieter.

The problem at Stick is of course not the homeless population, but the almost complete neglect of the State Park. The Park has been closed for more than a year, it has no functioning toilets, no showers, no permanent rangers on site. It is crumbling starting from the beachfront that looses a foot a year to erosion ...
jpf18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Candlestick Vehicle Triage Center - street camping situation Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:

The problem at Stick is of course not the homeless population, but the almost complete neglect of the State Park. The Park has been closed for more than a year, it has no functioning toilets, no showers, no permanent rangers on site. It is crumbling starting from the beachfront that looses a foot a year to erosion ...
Former SF supe and CA Assemblyman David Chiu has a condo right there at Candlestick Point. Long enough that he should remember better times. Perhaps this has been exhausted, but it still might be worth sending his office a line or two. Neighbors expressed similar disappointment in the two hour Zoom call that the City held WRT the triage site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: