myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
prove me wrong.... coronavirus is not airborne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/11/20-3254_article
another plane two infected and only one person got ill. 15 hour plane ride 290 passengers. no masks.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the contact coating United Airlines is using for their planes. States ir works for 30 or 90 days. I could not find the technical documentation to the half life data for the effectiveness. Shelf life of the raw ingredient is several years. To me mandatory to try for construction workers, bar employees and school settings. and any office setting.

Again I was not able to find how quickly it acts (but note United is using it), I had noted one that is not available for consumers and had not yet been tested on covid that in the hospital trial it dropped the rate of illnesses from hospitals by 36% and that one was effective on germs at 10 minutes and at a high rate about 90% in 30 minutes of tested germs. That is the type of data I wanted to see on this product.

They have a hand lotion that they say is effective for a day too. While this is good I would have it on my hands daily, but when going out I would use soap and water and gel constantly when I go out to the store or a restaurant.

They have a company sales in the UK to for our friend in the UK.

not for food contact surfaces.

Again noting I had researched materials for contact killing of germs 20 years ago for computer keyboards that as we know have a germ load 400 times higher than a toilet seat. But I gave up because none acted fast enough at that time that were permanent. at that time silver ions were the state of the art but 6 hours was not what I was looking for. I think one that uses silver ions is microban, that is not effective for C19..

https://www.hstoday.us/industry/bravatek-partners-with-z-systems-and-zoono-to-combat-virus-outbreaks/
Quote:

The agreement was entered into following BVTK’s agreement with ZoonoUSA, a manufacturer and supplier of advanced technology products that offer germ protection, long after the product is applied, by creating a protective shield on the surface it is applied to. This shield lasts about 30 days on surfaces and 24 hours on skin, when natural exfoliation occurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGUv_R5oU0c&feature=youtu.be

https://www.hstoday.us/industry/independent-tests-conclude-zoono-microbe-shield-sanitizes-and-kills-covid-19/

https://zoonousa.com/product/zoono-z71-surface-protectant/
Quote:

Description
The Zoono Microbe Shield product is a revolutionary, highly effective water-based antimicrobial technology available in a surface sanitizer that inhibits the growth of stain and odor bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungi. “Reapply every three months (90 days) or as necessary”. At Zoono, out of an abundance of caution and because we have repeatedly tested product performance, we believe a 28 day reapplication interval is ideal for most usage occasions to ensure the highest levels of sustained hygiene. The noncorrosive, nontoxic product lays down a bacteriostatic defensive layer that resembles millions of tiny “pins” that physically punctures microbes by puncturing them when they come in contact with a treated surface. Unlike traditional disinfectants that only work while they are wet, Zoono starts to work while it is wet but works best once it has dried, offering a continuous bacteriostatic/fungistatic barrier that protects surfaces and keeps these bacteria from colonizing hundreds of times longer than typical disinfectant protocols and hygiene regimens.

Zoono Microbe Shield can be used as a final bacteriostatic finish on the following items to impart bacteriostatic/fungistatic (mold and mildew) activity:

Air filters for furnaces, air-conditioners, air purification devices, automobiles, recirculating air handling systems
Air filters/materials
Apparel recreational gear, outwear, sportswear, sleepwear, socks, hosiery, undergarments, gloves and uniforms
Aquarium filter material
Athletic gear and sports equipment
Automotive and vehicular parts
Awnings
Building materials and components
Blankets
Bedspreads
Bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
Bathroom and non-food contact kitchen hardware
Book covers and pictures
Carpets, carpet underlay and draperies
Ceiling Tiles
Cloth for sails
Curtains
Draperies
Non-food contact counter tops
Concrete products
Concrete additive for sewer pipes, manholes and concrete sewer structures; not to be used in treatment of storm drains
Non-food contact convey or humidifier belts
Non-woven disposable diapers
Fiberfill for upholstery, sleeping bags, apparel, where the fiber is cotton, natural down, nylon, polyester, rayon, or wool
Fire hose fabric
Fabrics (natural and synthetic, woven and non-woven)
Fiberglass ductboard for air handling systems at point of manufacture
Filling and ticking
Fire hose fabric
Flooring
Floor covering
Foam for packing and cushioning in non-food contact applications
Footwear (boots, shoes and components)
Furniture
General purpose ( non-food contact) containers
Interior non food contact hard surfaces: floors, walls, ceiling tiles, ceramic, tile, concrete, chrome, stainless steel, vinyl, porcelain, paper wall covering, wood and glass fixture, marble, aluminum, book covers, pictures and furniture.
Leather (natural and synthetic)
Mattress pads and ticking
Mats
Men’s underwear and outerwear
Non-woven disposable diapers
Non-woven polyester
Outerwear apparel (jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, coats, raincoats, overcoats, jerseys, ponchos)
Zoono Antimicrobial can be used in paints and coatings as an in can preservative for protection of paint film and coating film.
Non-food contact conveyor belts, humidifier belts.
Pillow covers
Plumbing supplies and fixtures
Polyurethane and cellulose foam for household, industrial, and institutional sponges and mop
Polyurethane and polyethylene foam, when covered
Polyurethane foam for packaging and cushioning in non- food contact applications
Polyurethane foam used as a growth medium for non- food crops and plants
Quilts and pillows
Roofing materials – defined as shingles, roofing granules, tiles, membranes, under layment wood shakes, felt, stone and synthetic overcoats
Rugs
Sheet and formed glass
Sand bags, tents, tarpaulins, sails, and ropes
Athletic and casual shoes
Shoe insoles
Shower curtains
Socks comprised of nylon, nylon/orlon, cotton/nylon, linen/Lycra, acrylic/polypropylene/nylon/Lycra, wool/silk/nylon/Lycra and wool/acrylic/nylon/Lycra
Tarps
Tents and other outdoor equipment

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok found the time for 99.99 elimination, if true in 5 minutes it is a very good coating for most applications.

https://www.hstoday.us/industry/bravatek-partners-with-z-systems-and-zoono-to-combat-virus-outbreaks/

Zoono is confident that it is extremely well positioned to be part of the solution to combat both coronavirus and other new virus threats. Zoono’s Z71 Microbe Shield Surface Sanitizer was successfully tested in 2014 against bovine coronavirus (i.e., a surrogate recognized by the World Health Organization for other members of the coronaviridae family, including the MERS virus). Independent test results confirmed a 99.99% efficacy in five minutes.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean. This British Medical Journal article https:/www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3223
shows how complicated physical distancing, especially in interior ventilated settings, can be, even if there is no peer reviewed evidence of aerosol virus transmission of Covid.

The basic catch all 2 metre social distancing rule is clearly inadequate in many interior, and perhaps exterior, settings! I shall treat it as such and keep even further apart (or upwind in ventilated settings) when weekly shopping. As for other interior settings, count me out!!
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating account of how genetic variations can trace the path of infection—and how Republicans will protect business people before public health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/genetic-science-coronavirus-outbreak-iowa/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Dean. This British Medical Journal article https:/www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3223
shows how complicated physical distancing, especially in interior ventilated settings, can be, even if there is no peer reviewed evidence of aerosol virus transmission of Covid.

The basic catch all 2 metre social distancing rule is clearly inadequate in many interior, and perhaps exterior, settings! I shall treat it as such and keep even further apart (or upwind in ventilated settings) when weekly shopping. As for other interior settings, count me out!!

Yes droplets are a definite issue, ie especially a person coughing directly into your face is a major danger, but I am guessing most people are now coughing into elbow or down, i mean most people did do some type of maneuver before this outbreak when in public. Ya maybe right into their hands before and then touch something.

Mask faceshield and buy the Zoono stuff can be sprayed on a mask too. That i think is mandatory for older people. I am buying both from Zoono, hand and surface stuff.

mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very insightful article about how the virus does—and doesn’t—spread, and how we should approach controlling that spread. https://www.route-fifty.com/health-human-services/2020/09/overlooked-variable-key-pandemic/168909/
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
This is a very insightful article about how the virus does—and doesn’t—spread, and how we should approach controlling that spread. https://www.route-fifty.com/health-human-services/2020/09/overlooked-variable-key-pandemic/168909/
I find it amazing that a professor writes an entire article claiming it is airborne without any discussion how he knows it is when the WHO still to this date does not claim it is with their top experts who see any documentation there is and has been for 60 plus years.

Plus he does not explain how you can sit next to with no mask on a train with 70,000 contact tracings done and 400 infected and be next to them for 2 hour average with the person next to you only 3.5% chance, and the direction you are breathing the seats in front of you half of that.

Again there is not one scientifically peer reviewed document to date that has eliminated the contact before making their claim. Till you can rule out all the potential contact you can not claim in a situation that it is airborne.

In his Japan discussion he does not even note how you do not embrace as a culture for a greeting, you get a clean hot towel in a restaurant when you are going to eat, vs the Latin American cultures that still do the kiss hug greeting. Sapin is a kiss hug culture. France is a kiss hug culture.

For the italy ones too I bet that region was known for the kiss hug greeting, and after a while they realized it and the rest of the country stopped doing it. That would easily explain the significant differentials if one was open minded about contact.

and yes UK with their bars are open as I have mentioned in a bar drinking you make mistakes the more you drink and there are so many cross contact areas there.

Sweeden and netherlands just did nothing basically.

If you look at what I just mentioned for high contact cultures from bars to kiss hug other than the USA we probably have the top 20 highest rate nations.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1517/5917611

Survival of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza virus on the human skin: Importance of hand hygiene in COVID-19

Quote:
• Survival time of SARS-CoV-2 on human skin was significantly longer than that of influenza A virus (9.0 hours vs. 1.8 hours). Exposure of both viruses to 80% ethanol while on the skin surface, in the context of droplets from a cough or sneeze, inactivated both viruses within 15 seconds of exposure, indicating appropriate hand hygiene using ethanol-based disinfectants may lead to the quick viral inactivation and may reduce the high risk of contact infections.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/05/cdc-coronavirus-airborne-transmission/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F2c00009%2F5f7c94f19d2fda0efb40c816%2F5976d6ccade4e26514ba9956%2F13%2F62%2F8ba363ebb1318fc3ab3f1d8fae82da47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 29 of 72

Jump to: