myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni, wasn't the issue for some about where to park your car, and then walking in to Crissy with your gear and all that would entail? Picking the wrong sail for the session could be a very frustrating experience in that scenario.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nm

Last edited by dvCali on Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 am; edited 5 times in total
rigatoni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
rigatoni, wasn't the issue for some about where to park your car, and then walking in to Crissy with your gear and all that would entail? Picking the wrong sail for the session could be a very frustrating experience in that scenario.

That was the big challenge. A lot of us got creative with transportation. The 5 minute schlep with your gear turned out to be no big deal.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni wrote:
Within San Francisco, there was never a prohibition on outdoor activity and in hindsight we all have realized that this exercise was good for our health and posed little to no risk to others.

If your choice was to stay home, hide in your basement, and blindly accept every little bit of nonsense that our local officials were shoveling at us, that was your right.

You can also virtue signal shame others for not doing what you personally thought was the right thing. But you sound ridiculous and honestly, missed a ton of great windsurfing that helped myself and many others in the wind community manage the stress of 2020 very well.

100%
Park in empty Palace of Fine Arts lot on a Tuesday afternoon. Walk across street , gear in hand, enter large body of water, minus many boats, have fun. repeat . It was a great spring. Then , the EDDY came to town and lit up the North Tower-PSQ ....
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni wrote:
Within San Francisco, there was never a prohibition on outdoor activity and in hindsight we all have realized that this exercise was good for our health and posed little to no risk to others.

If your choice was to stay home, hide in your basement, and blindly accept every little bit of nonsense that our local officials were shoveling at us, that was your right.

You can also virtue signal shame others for not doing what you personally thought was the right thing. But you sound ridiculous and honestly, missed a ton of great windsurfing that helped myself and many others in the wind community manage the stress of 2020 very well.

You can think the pandemic is nonsense created by local officials, but you cannot make up imaginary facts: there was a mandatory shelter in place in San Francisco, and all of California for that matter, starting mid March to mid May, for that matter there was actually a ban on non-commercial water activities including sailing.

Crissy and Coyote were closed until June 15th, and the only reason you and few others could go sailing at Crissy without being kicked out was because 95% of the regular Crissy sailors obeyed the rules and did not.

Not sure if you are ridiculous like you think I am, but your boasting and denying of reality is actually more on the tragic side, given where we are with the pandemic, 1000 people dead a day, and how irresponsible is and was to ignore the problem.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 - The comradery with our fantastic wind community at both the Palace of Fine Arts and up by Sports Basement kept me sane back in April and May . I thought we all did a good job keeping our distance and setting a good example.
gerritt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Rigatoni. I just logged my 117th day yesterday. The spring was fabulous with Santa Cruz beaches closed, but water sports open. Just pull in and wait for the Sheriff's to clear the beaches and then thank them for opening up parking spaces for us water-folk. No violation, just working within the regs.

This sport (and all water sports) have been a God send during this pandemic. The only place I feel normal and can forget is on the water. Keep sailing. Keep surfing, Keep paddling. Keep foiling. Keep winging. And even..., keep kiting! We are all brothers on the water.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
... I just logged my 117th day yesterday. The spring was fabulous with Santa Cruz beaches closed, but water sports open. Just pull in and wait for the Sheriff's to clear the beaches and then thank them for opening up parking spaces for us water-folk. No violation, just working within the regs.

SF Bay was stricter, possibly because the number of people on the water is much higher. Besides the obvious problem of having a crowd at the beach one could also endanger the coast guard in case of a rescue (a bi-weely event at Crissy).

Non commercial boating was off until mid May. Parks and beach access were officially closed until June 7-15 depending on county. At Stick the park is still closed but access was easiest because of the proximity of the launch spot to street parking. The only access not officially closed to the public was TI. They probably forgot about it!

But on the bright side: lots of sailing left for the season, easy foiling is starting. We just need to clear the Red-Mars-Fog we have floating around. Unbelievable today: the street lights are still on at 9:30 am. Deep Dark Red Sky like a sickly Mars!

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Goodwind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, It's about noon time in San Francisco. The dusk to dawn lights by my front door is still on.

Hmmm, I might bring my LED headlamp to windsurf this afternoon. I know exactly how the dinosaurs felt 66 million years ago....

Crissy Field pics taken at 12:50PM

IMG_9428_Crissy 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  362.21 KB
 Viewed:  16836 Time(s)

IMG_9428_Crissy 2.jpg

IMG_9441__Crissy 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  398.37 KB
 Viewed:  16836 Time(s)

IMG_9441__Crissy 1.jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwind wrote:
Wow, It's about noon time in San Francisco. The dusk to dawn lights by my front door is still on.

Hmmm, I might bring my LED headlamp to windsurf this afternoon. I know exactly how the dinosaurs felt 66 million years ago....

Crissy Field pics taken at 12:50PM

I think the smoke is creating its own weather pattern. Yesterday SF Airport was a steady 0 knots for most of the day. Never seen something like that in a September day with westerly forecast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 300 of 329

Jump to: