myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 446, 447, 448 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breonna Taylor was shot in her sleep when officers with a no-knock warrant broke into her apartment—the wrong apartment—and her partner responded as a white southerner would—using his gun in self defense. This mornings newspaper reports the partner of a black professor At San Jose State was hassled by four officers. Told to move along while he was waiting for her. Because....Imagine if he had been carrying a gun, like the anti-mask protestors in Michigan.

The voice of white privilege blames the victim.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michael-eric-dyson-s-long-time-coming-addresses-history-of-racism-from-slavery-to-george-floyd/ar-BB18mmTi

Michael Eric Dyson’s ‘Long Time Coming’ addresses history of racism from slavery to George Floyd

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs said:
Quote:
A strong possibility that many of them were wrongfully convicted, or a case of mistaken identity...then you get arrested, and have no idea where it will lead? easier said than done.

I get the concern that AA's have, some of which is justified, but resisting arrest definitely will not improve their situation. While I understand the impulse to try and get away or resist, only the foolhardy will attempt it. There are smart people that make really dumb choices.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Techno....easier said than done .

Boggsy, Since following simple directions from a Police Officer seems complicated to you, you may wish to review the attached simple instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybe...congrats on marginalizing an issue many people have on a daily basis. Hopefully , you're comfortable in your clandestine surroundings..

I'll chalk up your comments to your disappointment that my across the street neighbor just replaced Exxon in the DOW. That's a 21 year old software company replacing a once great American company.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 8 bullets in Jacob Blake's back with 3 kids in car is proper police protocol mrgybe?

Now we have 2 more dead cause some right wing militia fuckheads with long guns are now shooting up BLM.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White guys lecture other white guys about how African Americans should behave?

Responding to disobedience with deadly force is consistent with the Constitution—but wearing a mask is not?

My head spins.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. Gybe...congrats on marginalizing an issue many people have on a daily basis. Hopefully , you're comfortable in your clandestine surroundings.

You people have zero sense of humor. A black comedian can put a humorous spin on it, but a sanctimonious white banker, sitting in his multi million dollar home, far away from all the downtown unpleasantness and squalor, reviewing his multi million dollar portfolio, finds that humor simply reprehensible. Fret not Boggsy, you can now waste your time finding a politically correct name for your favorite ski resort and wagging your censorious finger at the bigots that ever came up with the original name.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. G I am not able to see YouTube on this computer, sorry...
AND YES..I am NOT HAPPY about Squaw, not for a second, or my kids' High School, named after a 16th Century English explorer, which is being changed. $430,000 cost to the district...even the kids know its not neccessary.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Your comments have nothing to do with my post. Speed in your car and risk getting a ticket. Resist arrest and risk getting shot.

It's a choice, do as you choose and don't cry about results. I know that the media won't mention the "don't resist" issue because it doesn't fit the BLM agenda.

Nor will the media mention the black on black killings because that too doesn't fit the BLM agenda.

Not looking at the big/complete picture means you have your head in the sand.

People in other countries don't resist arrest? If they do, why is the police shooting rate so much lower in those countries than the US? Hint: They have more training, expecially in de-escalating situations, and the law enforcement agencies are centralized with uniform standards.

Police reform is past due in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 446, 447, 448 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 447 of 457

Jump to: