myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1249, 1250, 1251  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 8059
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
How now says he didn't go to the bunker Friday night but did a quick inspection Friday afternoon.

He also says he didn't know protesters would need to be moved for him to visit St. Johns.

Can you believe ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth?

no...

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-no-intelligence-antifa-weekend-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wynsurfer



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 918

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought I would agree with Pat Robertson on anything but:

'You just don't do that, Mr. President': Televangelist Pat Robertson condemns Trump's 'law and order' response to protests:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/pat-robertson-donald-trump/index.html

Seems his photo op has backfired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 14736
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that gets most under Trump's skin--scorn.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2020/06/03/late-night-laughs-trump-church-bible-visit-orig-js.cnn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 19749

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of dimwit thinks that cooing "Make love, not war" is going to change terrorists' minds? And since when is blocking freeways, bridges, or public streets "peaceful"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wynsurfer



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 918

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the secretary of defense is a dimwitt? Perhaps not.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper is on shaky ground with the White House after saying Wednesday that he does not support using active duty troops to quell the large-scale protests across the United States triggered by the death of George Floyd and those forces should only be used in a law enforcement role as a last resort
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1566

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
What kind of dimwit thinks that cooing "Make love, not war" is going to change terrorists' minds? And since when is blocking freeways, bridges, or public streets "peaceful"?


There are peaceful protests that are lawful.

There are peaceful protests that are unlawful.

There are violent protest that are never lawful.

Sitting in the middle of the road without a permit is peaceful but likely unlawful.

"The Court also has held that requiring a permit for a peaceful protest in advance is constitutional, as are additional requirements for assemblies conducted near major public events. For instance, a city may require protest organizers to provide details about how the protest will be conducted.

One important exception to the permitting requirement, however, is when protestors gather in response to breaking news. For example, protests immediately following the 2014 police shooting of an unarmed, black teenager in Ferguson, Mo. did not require a permit."

https://civilrights.findlaw.com/enforcing-your-civil-rights/is-there-a-right-to-peaceful-protest.html

Sitting in the middle of a road does not constitute terrorism.

Iso ain't so good on the the nuances. Probably had a job where he had to check a box on a form all day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 14736
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattis, in the Atlantic. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership.” He needs to go before he does more damage,

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/


Last edited by mac on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 19749

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the POTUS can be a dimwit but the SecDef can't?

Has Antifa even heard of George Floyd? Do they give one crap about him?

How is ordering the police to stand down and LET Antifa et.al. destroy businesses and lives across the nation, ordering the courts to LET any violent offenders arrested walk free minutes after booking them, and giving Antifa et.al. a free giant step towards their three-generations-long dream of overthrowing the U.S. government not a national emergency? Can any of us even comprehend the impact of the LA mayor's willing concession of the entire city to the lawless ... or especially the elimination of all police forces across the nation as "Squad" member Omar is demanding? Trump has the backbone, the legal right, and -- if that's what it takes to protect the nation, the obligation -- to do it, and it appears necessary even outside D.C.

wynsurfer wrote:
I guess the secretary of defense is a dimwitt? Perhaps not.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper is on shaky ground with the White House after saying Wednesday that he does not support using active duty troops to quell the large-scale protests across the United States triggered by the death of George Floyd and those forces should only be used in a law enforcement role as a last resort
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 14736
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
So the POTUS can be a dimwit but the SecDef can't?

Has Antifa even heard of George Floyd? Do they give one crap about him?

How is ordering the police to stand down and LET Antifa et.al. destroy businesses and lives across the nation, ordering the courts to LET any violent offenders arrested walk free minutes after booking them, and giving Antifa et.al. a free giant step towards their three-generations-long dream of overthrowing the U.S. government not a national emergency? Can any of us even comprehend the impact of the LA mayor's willing concession of the entire city to the lawless ... or especially the elimination of all police forces across the nation as "Squad" member Omar is demanding? Trump has the backbone, the legal right, and -- if that's what it takes to protect the nation, the obligation -- to do it, and it appears necessary even outside D.C.

wynsurfer wrote:
I guess the secretary of defense is a dimwitt? Perhaps not.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper is on shaky ground with the White House after saying Wednesday that he does not support using active duty troops to quell the large-scale protests across the United States triggered by the death of George Floyd and those forces should only be used in a law enforcement role as a last resort


There is no evidence that antifa has any role in the looting by criminals. But of course, Mike Fick wouldn’t know that because he bathes his brain in conspiracy theories and Trump lies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 8059
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-Star Marine General with impeccable credentials takes the pasty reality show baron behind the woodshed.....dang. That's gonna leave a mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1249, 1250, 1251  Next
Page 1227 of 1251

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group