myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronavirus, Schmoronavirus! The threat now is to our very nation, and it will be forever destroyed if the rioting is not met with whatever force it takes to stop it dead (if that's what it takes) in its tracks. Shopowners being beaten nearly (we hope it's only "nearly") to death, retired police captain Dorn being shot dead trying to defend a pawn shop owner, 100 to 200 cops and Secret Service agents being hospitalized by bricks, bullets to the head, and SUVs at full throttle, all while politicians like Biden and many mayors, Hollywood celebs, Kaepernik, lefturd media anchors, and lefturd scum right here in this forum encourage and openly support the violence and those committing it.

I liked AG Janet Reno's solution: bulldozers. Even Bull Connor got some of it right part way: give the peaceful protestors time to clear out, then turn loose the big dogs and weapon-strength firehoses. Where are the acoustic weapons?

No one thinks the rioting has anything to do with George Floyd, and no one thinks Antifa, et.al., gives a crap about George Floyd anyway. Antifa has been doing its level best to crush national governments since before WW II, and now total fools like DiBlasio are giving it its best shot yet. I just hope our various police and military forces have the capability of negating, or even using against them, the rioters' technical weaponry including penetrating the good guys' secure communications and employing their own.

In what kind of twisted mac-mind does it make any sense to imprison a hairdresser who is just trying to feed her kids yet set completely free thugs caught in the act of burning police cars, trying to kill shopowners, burning hundreds of businesses, and so much more?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I never wrote that. I wrote that you suggested it was "not as dangerous as it is" based on your post comparing CV-19 to the flu. The virus has killed over 100k and will, likely, take many more. That makes it more dangerous than the seasonal flu...........I've never made an estimation of the impact of CV 19. How do you know I overestimated?

And there you go again. For the fourth and last time, try reading what I actually said! Once again........I never compared Covid 19 to the flu. I said it was appropriate to give context to the impact of Covid 19 versus the impact of a bad flu season. You told us the Covid is "20 times more deadly" than flu. As of right now, it is one and a quarter times more deadly than the 17/18 flu season. Some would call that an overestimation. Not you apparently.

coboardhead wrote:
Which opinion is that Mrgybe that I dismissed?

See above.

coboardhead wrote:
Finally, Mrgybe. If you cannot see that mask wearing has become a political issue, then there is, really, nothing else I can say.

That would be wise.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the man who says others got it wrong.....
mac wrote:
I gave a scary number if 30 million contract the disease. Congress’ physician has told the members in a closed session that he expects 70-150 million people will contract the disease. How’s that anti-science thing going for you GOP voters now? if 30 million Americans contract the disease, and 3% of the die, that is over one million people! Sure they’re mostly going to be old, but one of them could be in your family.

mac wrote:
This is the study that finally jarred Trump out of his The Apprentice schtick. Wonder if he saw it mentioned on Fox? The bottom line was that unless the US and UK changed course, 2.2 million would die in the US and more than a half million in Britain. But apologists on the internet still compare this to seasonal flu. The tsunami is coming.

mac wrote:
Bergano, Italy has had over 1500 deaths from a population of 1.2 million. If the US has the same death toll, that would be over 400,000 deaths in the US. Just in CA alone, it would nearly meet Matty's target number of 70,000

mac wrote:
A little science, for those who understand neither geometric progressions nor logarithmic scales. In the U.S., if nothing changes: By the end of April: The cumulative COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. alone are projected to reach 1 million deaths. And by the second week of May: The cumulative COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. alone are projected to reach a total of 10 million deaths. For comparison, typical seasonal flu (not the pandemic kind) on average kills 37,462 people in the U.S. over a full year (data from 2010 to present), according to the Centers for Disease Control.

mac wrote:
From the linked article……….”To many, such a geometric progression is alarming (see the tweet immediately above). As the orange line shows, this type of growth rate would suggest 80,000+ infections next Monday and 138 million by February 20. Is this growth rate possible? Over the near-term yes.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing changes. Right over his head. We're headed for perhaps 200,000 deaths if you include the unexplained excess deaths.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the failures of Trump and his political appointees and how they screwed this up:

Quote:
The C.D.C. clashed with White House aides who viewed them as the ‘deep state’
As the crisis deepened, tensions between the agency and the White House increased, with aides to Mr. Trump referring to the scientists at the C.D.C. as members of the “deep state” who were eager to wound him politically by leaking to the press.

At the same time, some C.D.C. employees watched with growing alarm as Mr. Trump, facing criticism for his administration’s response, repeatedly undermined the agency. And they paled at what they saw as meddling by politically motivated Trump aides.

Mr. Trump and his aides often expressed extraordinary skepticism about the virus and the steps that would have to be taken to curb it. He said the virus would disappear “like a miracle” even as C.D.C. scientists described it as a real threat. When the C.D.C. urged Americans to wear masks, he said, “I don’t see it for myself.”

Just before Memorial Day weekend, Mr. Trump ordered the C.D.C. to issue guidance that would allow churches to reopen. “I said, ‘You better put it out,’” Mr. Trump told reporters. “And they’re doing it.

“I would expect the C.D.C. to coordinate with the White House,” said Lawrence Gostin, the director of a legal center at the World Health Organization and a former C.D.C. official. “But this is not team work. This is not coordination. This is confrontation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/us/cdc-virus-takeaways.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200603&instance_id=19041&nl=the-morning&regi_id=94101165&segment_id=29949&te=1&user_id=50a49ee4eeff8b7d418ff57d217d3beb
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW—you know nothing about what has happened after peaceful protests. But if knowing something was a requirement to make a post—you would still be at three.
"Has happened"?
Nothing has happened yet, because the protests haven't concluded yet, you will lack reading comprehension intentionally if you can turn it into a lame point.
At first I was figuring that a "second wave" of the pandemic may not happen, I've since abandoned that thought. The liberal mayors of the liberal run cities have allowed the protests to continue as long as they want, and march where ever they want, and to continue close quarters as much as they want. So now when the second wave shows up, it will be their fault.
Here is a pic from yesterday in The Hague, Netherlands showing a protest over the same thing, but it's hugely different. If the liberal mayors truly cared about the pandemic, which I've yet to hear any of them even mention, they would have insisted that they be conducted like this, social distancing. But no, they fear a PC backlash more than they fear a preventable growing death count
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty--aren't you proud you defended sick Mike Fick, the Alabama boy who looks back fondly to Bull Connor? He said:

Quote:
Even Bull Connor got some of it right part way: give the peaceful protestors time to clear out, then turn loose the big dogs and weapon-strength firehoses
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You suppose Mike Fick wants the firehoses turned on these guys?

Quote:
By
Craig Timberg,
Elizabeth Dwoskin and
Souad Mekhennet
June 3, 2020 at 6:52 a.m. PDT
A Tampa television reporter was broadcasting live from protests last weekend when two young men in Hawaiian shirts moved in front of the camera and began chanting the name of an obscure white nationalist group, drowning out protesters shouting “No Justice, No Peace!

The incident was one of a growing number in which far-right extremists who once organized mainly online have been inserting themselves into the real-world protests roiling much of the nation, sowing confusion about the nature of the protests and seeking attention for their causes.

They’ve appeared, sometimes carrying assault rifles, at protests in Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia and dozens of other cities, often wearing Hawaiian shirts — a seemingly goofy uniform that, within the ranks of their movement, signals adherence to a violent, divisive, anti-government ideology.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-no-intelligence-antifa-weekend-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr and Trump lied?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 144 of 341

Jump to: