myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rock Creek, locals (97040) only!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject: Rock Creek, locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

(I'm starting a new topic due to hijacking of a prior topic and for headline clarity.)

Save your time and fuel. Maybe save some lives too.

Rock Creek/Mosier is now for locals only (those living in the 97040 area code), by decree of the City of Mosier.

This is due to being overrun recently (4/21; Westender predicted this; there were about 15 vehicles parked outside the gate today.), no masks, and no 6' spacing (obviously; check the "selfie" photo in Dwarn's post below. Yep, that is me.). I thought Westender had a good idea to wear a mask on the beach. It sucked for about 10 minutes; I sweat a lot under a mask.

This locals only decree is a good thing; it's a very small beach, with traffic bottlenecks, and nonresident visitors obviously (check "selfie") do not care enough to modify behavior via masks and spacing. As the weather warms, it's only going to get more crowded.

There are old people and others who are at high risk for infection who live in Mosier. Respect the mayor, council, and residents of Mosier. Rock Creek is now locals only; you have to live in 97040 to utilize Rock Creek. Until further notice.

20200424_212557.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.39 KB
 Viewed:  37096 Time(s)

20200424_212557.jpg

Last edited by biffmalibu on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Gwarn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new sheriff is on the job

rat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.07 MB
 Viewed:  37761 Time(s)

rat.jpg

trenthightower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of an interesting scenario - The City of Mosier owns the parking area of RC but the actual beach is Koberg State Recreation Area. State rec areas are closed. The City of Mosier is now allowing access to closed lands. I'm guessing the State will not be enforcing their closure on this particular beach, though. Strange times.....
Bond1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trenthightower wrote:
Kind of an interesting scenario - The City of Mosier owns the parking area of RC but the actual beach is Koberg State Recreation Area. State rec areas are closed. The City of Mosier is now allowing access to closed lands. I'm guessing the State will not be enforcing their closure on this particular beach, though. Strange times.....

Where can I find documentation showing Rock Creek Beach as part of the Koberg State Recreation Area?
trenthightower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.onxmaps.com/
Bond1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess I won't do a free trial.
windfind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

As usual, Mosier is a bit different, and that even includes their lanuch site. This map I have annotated is my reading of legal status of the access situation of the Rock Creek launch site.

Mike Godsey

ZZ1A537C78.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  256.97 KB
 Viewed:  37671 Time(s)

ZZ1A537C78.jpg

starfish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Mosier Reply with quote

By posting this more people are going to show up.
How will they enforce this? Security guards?
Should of just put up large stay out signs.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a complicated hodgepodge of territory that is a challenge to administer. But this should NOT have an affect on basic respect.

Hey Gwarn (and future trolls)! I expected some sort of commentary deriving from the assumption of the privilege to use this beach. How would YOU like it if this were YOUR little beach in YOUR neighborhood with YOUR old and infirm family members in residence and this was happening? Be honest. I'll be waiting. And if you want to tell me to my face how you feel about it, come by sometime after the decree ends and we can talk face to face like a man instead of like a troll.
Gwarn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry biffy I didn't know that your trigger is so soft and sensitive.

How's your world any different then mine this is going on at my beach and my neighborhood.

I don't have any people in my home so you got me there if I did I wouldn't be down at my local beach.

As far meeting face to face I have no dreams or desires to go to the Gorge I get plenty of days right here on the bay. If you need to talk to me like a Man as you say then feel free to call 415-604-7681.

Get over it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: