myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I was one of thousands of wannabees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cited hundreds of peer-reviewed references. If you can trump them, please do, as all I care about is the facts, not who's right. U2 supports my statement, as 25 gms of carbs is more that I eat in a whole day, because, to our bodies, it's just sugar.

Sure, I miss sugar (e.g., pasta, bread, most fruit, pizza), but given its toll on our health, I plan to hold off my splurge until I can see the grim reaper walking up my driveway (or some actual evidence proves me wrong).
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some oatmeal have 14g of sugar.
Quaker Oaks original,and many others have no sugar, itís shown asTotal Sugar 0 g.

Dietary fiber: Essential for a healthy diet. Eat more fiber. ... But foods containing fiber can provide other health benefits as well, such as helping to maintain a healthyweight and lowering your risk of diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer.

IQ is not effected by either.If itís single digit it will stay single.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I've cited hundreds of peer-reviewed references. If you can trump them, please do, as all I care about is the facts, not who's right. U2 supports my statement, as 25 gms of carbs is more that I eat in a whole day, because, to our bodies, it's just sugar.

Yep, you unfortunately confirm my impression: that of an ignorant person who, at least when it comes to biochemistry, metabolism and body physiology does not have the slimmest understanding of how they interact or influence health. Just stop, go back to school, or, again, go play Ping-Pong. Maybe Windsurfing? Stop spreading ignorance and false claims.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2, read my posts more closely.

DV, cite some references proving me wrong. The odds of your having researched this stuff more than I have are miniscule.
wernerhickey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not want to by into this argument about carbs but really dvCali you could end up eating your words - pun intended Smile the science is well and truly in, increasingly showing that carbs should be much, much lower in our diets than we have been told in the last long while. If you want to eat oats at 25g your choice - it depends on your total intake in a day - you might be quite ok at 50g or 80g in a day, everyone is different. Cabs or sugar as it is called when digested aids hydration and is good for a fast short burn of energy due to stored glycogen which is why many(though not all) weightlifters will consume vast qualities of it before a comp. Unless you are a racehorse or a weightlifter - ask your GP Smile
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My chiropractor came in second in a bodybuilding competition recently. He eats less than 10 gms of net carbs a day year around, and zero when cutting for competition. And he's not alone; many BBs are learning that they can compete at very high levels while living a keto lifestyle. That shouldn't surprise anyone knowledgeable, given that of the 3 macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fat), the only one we don't need to consume is carbs. Fat and protein are the only macros we need to eat to thrive.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
of the 3 macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fat), the only one we don't need to consume is carbs. Fat and protein are the only macros we need to eat to thrive.

Not if you're a human being, no. To be healthy, carbs are essential.

You are misinformed.

grantmac017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pains me to agree with Mike, but any carbohydrate which isn't dietary fiber really isn't essential or beneficial. The big issue is staying on that diet. I certainly can't at this point in life but definitely will once I have a few more decades behind me.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketogenic diets have been around since the 1920 to treat seizures and other medical conditions.
Sharma wrote:
Side effects of the diet include kidney stones, constipation, acidosis, diminished growth, weight loss, and hyperlipidemia
(from this article)

It turns out that a diet called low glycemic index treatment (LGIT) that allows children to eat 40-60 g of low glycemic index carbs is as efficient for seizures, and likely superior for certain other diseases.

There are plenty of complex issues surrounding ketogenic diets, many of which we are just beginning to understand. For example, eating the wrong fats or proteins can cause negative changes in the gut microbiome that are linked to multiple diseases. But while the bodybuilding effects of a keto diet may become obvious very quickly, the negative effects often become apparent only after years. If a keto diet keeps your cancer, seizures, or obesity in check, these may be the lesser of two evils. But to follow something that very much looks like a fashion trend?

If you look at the bread isle in a supermarket, it's no real surprise that carbs have gotten such a bad rep. At least 80-90% of the stuff they sell there seem to be made with the primary goal to eliminate anything that might be healthy, and to produce the highest glycemic index possible. For good measure, let's douse the ingredients in Roundup 10 days before the harvest! Who need a microbiome, anyway?

But it's so much easier to just declare an entire category bad - carbs, immigrants, whatever. Now back to watching TV and getting my news from social media!
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Iso should tell the Asian populations that tend to be among the thinnest & longest lived that the high carb diet they have been eating for thousands of years have been taking a toll on their health. Rolling Eyes

Not all carbs are the same & not all people will thrive on the same type of diet.

Coachg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: