myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
My Gorge Stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viento used to be that way, but this year every time I was there, there
were some foilers, and I'm only there when it's desperation.

-Craig
pirat wrote:
Awesome. And jealous. I only get out 10-15 times a YEAR.

I'm at the point where every session feels like either the best ever, or the worst. Luckily, even the worst day on the water is still a good day. (Viento is my go-to spot because it's closest, and it's fun to be totally alone.)

Good post.

π
bericw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Quel monde merveilleux!"

Stoked for your epic summer Sylvie and Guy! Sad though because your posting means the season is moving on. Had to look again at Chris's (30knotwind) beautiful swell rides from late last year and check the date ( https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212928050172197&id=1118900019 ). Beginning of November. Haha! Stoked! Enhances my optimism for all the time left for more in 2019!

See you next year in this beautiful magic time machine where it always goes off again! Hope you have an awesome winter. One time in the east end the air was 37 F, the river was 37 F, the wind was 37 mph, and Beric was on a 3.7 failing a T-bone. Again. Too scared, again. Ha! Stoked out of my mind! Magic all year long! Surely the numbers in my memory are all lined up a little better than they really were, but hey, it's my stupid story; better to tell the story as if it happened to another with my own name. When a person says "I did this" and proceeds to tell of the fight they won, the sailing they did, do they lose the truth in self-aggrandizement? If one is to tell a story precisely as it happened, then one must look at the person who was themself with a dispassionate eye, to weigh what they did and why as though their lack of heroism and cleverness dooes not matter. Otherwise, the temptation to remake themself in a finer image might prove too strong...

Trudy L, can you please post your winter action pics thread from the west end as things happen this year again? Thanks.

D.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  751.3 KB
 Viewed:  16556 Time(s)

D.jpg

Sylvie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bericw wrote:
"Quel monde merveilleux!"

Hi Berick,

Always a pleasure to hear your epic experiences. Smile

Gorge season is over for Guy and I but not over for 2019. We are now enjoying this "monde merveilleux" in the far, far, far East. We got a magic day yesterday on St.Lawrence River in a beautiful colorful scenery.

Bon vent on the majestic Columbia River et à la prochaine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: