myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Foil For Sale
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Foil For Sale Reply with quote

This post is for all you Bay Area Sailors.

I have a used Slingshot foil with a 76 Infinity and a 90cm mast.

It's used and has a chip on each wing.(Didn't slow me down.).

I've moved on to a new foil now that I know what I needed for my style of riding.

sold

I sail T.I.

A shout-out to weather flow the classified section on this dog of a web page just sucks butt. Once again the windsurfers are treated like second class citizens

front wing tip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.08 KB
 Viewed:  33594 Time(s)

front wing tip.jpg

rear wing tip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.78 KB

rear wing tip.jpg

SS foil.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  447.25 KB

SS foil.jpg

Last edited by Gwarn on Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
LUCARO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a pretty good deal.

what foil did you move on too?
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved to the Moses

790 front wing.

900 fuselage.

450 rear wing.

105 mast. (I'm using 101 ghost whisper as it fits the wizard med tuttle box.)

The wings are very similar in size the moses is higher aspect both front and rear. I like how simple and clean the connections are on the moses foil. I personally don't like the hover glide connection system it is loose and sloppy. I have 7 days on this set up in 16 to 25 mph winds and have found it to be much more responsive, controllable and quiet. Everything about it is a plus and I'm looking forward to a couple of new wings before the season is over here in the bay area.

I was hoping to see the Slingshot phantom foil before I made my decision to purchase the moses system. After looking at more info on it (very little and a lot of hype) it was going to still have interchangeable wing system which I don't care for.

Now after using and riding the moses set up I'm stoked and happy about the set up.

Sat 8/17 I sailed San Pablo bay on the set up in the pictures it rocked if you weren't there you ture missed out as it was filled in and windy with rolling swells...

790d.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  944.66 KB
 Viewed:  33469 Time(s)

790d.jpg

790b.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  667.6 KB

790b.jpg

790c.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  650.81 KB

790c.jpg

LUCARO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the moses has wings and stabilizers that are fixed to the fuselage. I wouldn't mind having a longer mast eg 101 or 111 too.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be bummed you went for that soft twisty 3k carbon Moses when the new Slingshot ultra stiff 12K carbon Phantasm comes out in January. Plus being stuck with one wing instead of 17 interchangeable wings....oh man!
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always nothing but hype from slingshot

Only if Slingshots Customer service was as good as their hype then you might have something.

That must mean the Ghost whisper must suck to?

As a industry professional I would think you would have a better approach then crapping on the competition like a used car salesman.

The hoverglide:

1) So called titanium bolts that break.

2) Wings that split in two.

3) Wings that wobble on the fuselage.

I was already bummed with the hover glide.

No pictures or info about this so called Holy Grail of foils?

This reach around handjob lip service might work in the other sports you service.

If slingshot doesn't want to answer their emails regarding there product ( I have countless mails sent.) then they shouldn't list it then.

Your product is only as good as your customer service.

So in my opinion the slingshot product is a 50/50.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyattmiller wrote:
Gonna be bummed you went for that soft twisty 3k carbon Moses when the new Slingshot ultra stiff 12K carbon Phantasm comes out in January. Plus being stuck with one wing instead of 17 interchangeable wings....oh man!

Judging by the Moses (and Sailworks importer) website the Moses does not have "one wing" but instead a ton of interchangeable wings and mast options, wave, free style (the Baltz pro), freerace, race.

BTW: I am tempted to buy a Moses Vento 85 and I am selling my Taaroa Noe ($1150, full carbon, look at buy/sell) that seems too fast for me. Construction of the Taaroa is first class.

I looked at the Slingshot but the connection of the mast to the fuselage is badly engineered (the mast does not go into a cavity) and it was not an option.

Last edited by dvCali on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stiffness of the mast is a critical element. The first foil I had would load up, and then release, changing the angle of attack and causing some dangerous foils. For recreational purposes, you don't need a top cost foil with 90 cm wings and a long fuselage. But the stiff mast is really important.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
But the stiff mast is really important.

my wife has been telling me that for years.. Rolling Eyes
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I find it funny that the "Brand Manager" from Slingshot drops into a thread to criticize his own current product The Ghost Whisper foil calling it soft and twisty. Funny but very sad because I'm sure there are dealers out there who have this foil in there inventory and now a QUESTIONABLE DEVALUED PRODUCT. I know that if it I was a dealer I would raise hell and let them know that this type of behavior from there Brand Manager is going to make me think twice before I make a stock order.

Also as a end user who has spent thousand after thousand on SlingShot products up to this point and has praised and promoted the product in a positive way is now a confirmed pawn in SlingShots game. You know what they say (burn me once but not twice). I guess there's plenty of fish to shoot in the barrel for SlingShot and there dealers.

So the lesson here is that Slingshot doesn't care about the end user or there opinion. So make your choice wisely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: