myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 19324

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
And it's all going to happen so fast, that there is no chance to keep up with it, and people will die in mass. That notion, which is behind the dire predictions, w/o really admitting it, is why there are so many people who don't buy it.

Wel, that, and
the endless proof that AGW alarmism is more about politics than science,
the endless fabrications such as 97% (or even ALL) of "scientists agree" that it's catastrophic and imminent (we're all supposed to have drowned by now, remember?),
that man can control it,
that's its threat ranks any higher than 18th among the concerns of most of the world's civilized (i.e., rational) nations,
that man CAN mitigate or even eradicate the 17 to 18 greater threats for 0.001% to 0.1% of the costs and in 3-5% of the time proposed by even the most threatening COMPUTER PROJECTIONS of the AGW alarmism crowd,
the earth is getting greener as the global temps and CO2 levels rise ... until, of course, they fall again,
little old ladies in France would survive their summertime heat waves much better if their medical facilities and providers didn't shut down for the entire month off because they wanna go to the beach,
that many people who make their living forecasting hurricanes and other natural disasters say AGW alarmism is absolute nonsense,
The loudest doomsayers prove with every private jet ride that they don't believe this shit either and/or want us peons to sacrifice hamburgers, personal transportation, and air travel while (or even BECAUSE) they go to Davos in 114 Gulfstreams to discuss our excesses such as windsurfing, skiing, getting to and from work, and air conditioning (we had to call ambulances for people collapsing in 90-100-degree government office buildings when Jimmy Carter presided).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, let's be stupid and do nothing, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3478

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
Oh, let's be stupid and do nothing, right?


Nothing? Just open your eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a foolish Donald Trump actively pushing irresponsible deregulation on so many fronts, should I feel comfortable with his actions when we're up against so many difficult problems that need to be addressed? There is so much that can be done, but he doesn't get it. Pretty damn stupid, don't you think? Why follow a fool?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6760

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
With a foolish Donald Trump actively pushing irresponsible deregulation on so many fronts, should I feel comfortable with his actions when we're up against so many difficult problems that need to be addressed? There is so much that can be done, but he doesn't get it. Pretty damn stupid, don't you think? Why follow a fool?



We only have 11 years left..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe if dems would stop fear mongering and offer realistic solutions to the energy demands of 330 million people we could get something done.

Hard to take people who's heads are full of rainbows and unicorns serious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, have I been irresponsibly pushing for outrageous or unrealistic goals? I don' think that you can say that.

All I know is that Donald Trump is doing some really stupid stuff, and he is deliberately ignoring what needs to be done moving into the future. You can't move ahead trying to recreate a past long gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13147
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubles down again, Matty, in total ignorance of what has actually been proposed, claims:

Quote:
Maybe if dems would stop fear mongering and offer realistic solutions to the energy demands of 330 million people we could get something done.


The most cost-effective things that were proposed--and implemented--by Obama were attacked by Republicans corrupted by big carbon. Trump has done his best to dismantle everything that would reduce demand--most recently California's fuel standard.

Always sure of himself, never right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6760

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Doubles down again, Matty, in total ignorance of what has actually been proposed, claims:

Quote:
Maybe if dems would stop fear mongering and offer realistic solutions to the energy demands of 330 million people we could get something done.


The most cost-effective things that were proposed--and implemented--by Obama were attacked by Republicans corrupted by big carbon. Trump has done his best to dismantle everything that would reduce demand--most recently California's fuel standard.

Always sure of himself, never right.


Have you listened to morons in your party?????????????? oppose nukes , oppose fossil fuel..... wind, solar, and algae are pipe dreams for morons...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13147
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Doubles down again, Matty, in total ignorance of what has actually been proposed, claims:

Quote:
Maybe if dems would stop fear mongering and offer realistic solutions to the energy demands of 330 million people we could get something done.


The most cost-effective things that were proposed--and implemented--by Obama were attacked by Republicans corrupted by big carbon. Trump has done his best to dismantle everything that would reduce demand--most recently California's fuel standard.

Always sure of himself, never right.


Have you listened to morons in your party?????????????? oppose nukes , oppose fossil fuel..... wind, solar, and algae are pipe dreams for morons...


Have you listened to the morons in your party? Oppose conservation, subsidize fossil fuel, subsidize nuclear power no matter how uneconomical it is...bought and paid for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6760

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Doubles down again, Matty, in total ignorance of what has actually been proposed, claims:

Quote:
Maybe if dems would stop fear mongering and offer realistic solutions to the energy demands of 330 million people we could get something done.


The most cost-effective things that were proposed--and implemented--by Obama were attacked by Republicans corrupted by big carbon. Trump has done his best to dismantle everything that would reduce demand--most recently California's fuel standard.

Always sure of himself, never right.


Have you listened to morons in your party?????????????? oppose nukes , oppose fossil fuel..... wind, solar, and algae are pipe dreams for morons...


Have you listened to the morons in your party? Oppose conservation, subsidize fossil fuel, subsidize nuclear power no matter how uneconomical it is...bought and paid for.



That's right they live in reality, not the world of unicorns and rainbows.

America has huge energy demands and if the morons liberal got their way it would tank the economy and millions of jobs and .........party of retards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 125 of 138

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group