myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, these people are not mentally ill. They are full of hate and rage.

People who are mentally ill in almost all cases don't become violent. Hate and rage is not a mental illness.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is too complex to solve with ease.

Without doing any research, how many of these shooters were diagnosed or were being treated for mental illness prior to their shooting? Any? So Obama's ban wouldn't have accomplished anything. However, I do think that those with certain diagnosed mental illnesses should not have guns. But that's walking on thin ice to manage. The key word being "certain".

With that said, anyone planning a mass shooting that typically ends in death for the shooter (usually suicide or suicide by cop), has got to be mentally ill. So, I would disagree with bluefish1 on that point. Maybe suicide isn't a result of a mental illness, but I doubt any doctor would agree.

While I understand the media frenzy over these shootings, that publicity seems to be a huge contributor to more mass shootings. These guys want to go down in a infamous way and the media accomplishes that.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

Without doing any research, how many of these shooters were diagnosed or were being treated for mental illness prior to their shooting? Any? So Obama's ban wouldn't have accomplished anything. However, I do think that those with certain diagnosed mental illnesses should not have guns. But that's walking on thin ice to manage. The key word being "certain".

With that said, anyone planning a mass shooting that typically ends in death for the shooter (usually suicide or suicide by cop), has got to be mentally ill. So, I would disagree with bluefish1 on that point. Maybe suicide isn't a result of a mental illness, but I doubt any doctor would agree.

While I understand the media frenzy over these shootings, that publicity seems to be a huge contributor to more mass shootings. These guys want to go down in a infamous way and the media accomplishes that.

The media and Democrats only see these murders as an opportunity to regulate.

I will admit that the age to buy an "assault style" weapon should be 21. If they don't have a job, living with mommy, and have significant behavioural issues in their youth, there should be a 1 year hold on firearms purchase, and training required.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Steve. I think its absurd to stop young lunatics from loading up on AR-15's at the local gun store. Let's do nothing.

https://thehill.com/regulation/251037-poll-shows-bipartisan-support-for-expanding-background-checks

Last edited by boggsman1 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
techno900 wrote:

The media and Democrats only see these murders as an opportunity to regulate.

I will admit that the age to buy an "assault style" weapon should be 21. If they don't have a job, living with mommy, and have significant behavioural issues in their youth, there should be a 1 year hold on firearms purchase, and training required.

Clearly you have never drafted any legislation, ordinances or regulations.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious how none of the left wing cunts in the media are talking about the Dayton shooter...Oh that's right he was a rabid lefty....sick mofo's
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Hilarious how none of the left wing cunts in the media are talking about the Dayton shooter...Oh that's right he was a rabid lefty....sick mofo's

Most of the shooters have been far left, but the media must protect their narrative.

Even the El Paso shooters manifesto is probably fake.....in the news today.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

Most of the shooters have been far left, but the media must protect their narrative.

Even the El Paso shooters manifesto is probably fake.....in the news today.

As 100 people die a day in this country due to gun violence, you and Matty obsess with the media, and the political affiliation of a 21 year old lunatic...I'm sure that will help the US reduce the bloodshed...
Here's a fact for you Steve. The El Paso shooter drove 10 hours from his Dallas home to El Paso to do his damage...
Here's another fact Steve, because I know you love facts. 5 of the 10 worst mass shootings in our history have occurred in the past 2.5 years....what has the leader of the free world, who's #1 job is to keep us safe, done about it?
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2018 -

Quote:
The NRA estimates that between 8.5 million and 15 million assault rifles are in circulation based on manufacturer data, said Baker, the group’s public affairs director.

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article201882739.html#storylink=cpy

And I would guess that most, if not all have large magazines - 30 rounds.

I am not an advocate for "assault type" rifles, but legislating in some way to eliminate them is a dream. Same with the existing magazines. Stopping future sales of the guns and the large magazines is feasible and in place in some states, but that does nothing for the 8.5 to 15 million that are out there now.

The issue with these guns is the deadly ammunition they typically use and the large magazines. The ammunition is also used by many hunting rifles so banning it won't work. The only real legislation would deal with banning the sale of the high capacity magazines. However if those magazines magically went away, a shooter would just have to switch out smaller magazines more often. Overall, less bullets shot in a given time, but still very deadly and maybe fewer lives lost. Two 9mm hand guns with 15 round capacities would be more effective (shooting both as the same time) in the number of shots made in a give time frame as the assault type rifles. However, the 9mm is less deadly than the .223 and other bullets shot by the assault type rifles.

Overall, the problem will never be fixed, but maybe better managed.

Plus, every time the media hypes those that advocate for a ban on the assault type weapons, sales increase significantly.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno...you should go have a talk with the NYPD, and the commissioner. NYPD has made a point of tracking every gun it can in NYC in the past decade. Gun laws , and sentencing in NYC is very strict. Gun violence in NYC is also way down.
If there's a will, there's a way... Just throwing our hands up, and saying something is not possible is not the American way. We put a man on the moon, we have driverless cars, and we can clone a human being. Reducing gun violence would be easy if we had the will...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 293 of 331

Jump to: