myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Megan Rapinoe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
NW...I'm not taking sides here, but I will offer advice....

Boggs, Let me reciprocate and offer you advice. When someone calls another man’s wife a moron, it’s time to take sides...... unless you are spineless.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
NW...I'm not taking sides here, but I will offer advice....

Boggs, Let me reciprocate and offer you advice. When someone calls another man’s wife a moron, it’s time to take sides...... unless you are spineless.

Call me spineless then. I'm not taking this as literally as you are, my sense is you're enjoying smacking Mac around , which is fair game. But, I will also caution any , that when one injects a personal anecdote , they are open to scorn. That said, I've met and sailed with Mr. Bard, and I'm sure his wife is a lovely lady.....
carry on Mr G...
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in bad taste both to cite your wife as an expert witness for the viewpoints of Mexican immigrants, arguing they love Trump, or to insult someone's wife. It's the height of hypocrisy for someone who casually hurls insults about cities like Berkeley, environmentalists in general, or liberals as a general rule, to object to one particular kind of insult. Perhaps you snowflakes have a manual which lays out which insults are okay?

The fault in Bard's posting is in his reasoning--a frequent problem with posters on the right. They generalize from a personal anecdote to reach a conclusion about patterns. The best that can be said about Bard's posting is that it may be an attempt to parse the anti-Hispanic fervor of much of the right, and argue that legal immigrants are much more conservative. Of course, this ignores the fact--which the right loves to ignore--that crossing the border to seek asylum does not make you illegal. It also ignores the efforts of the white nationalists that Trump has brought into the White House to dramatically reduce legal immigration.

Let's look at facts. The Latino vote in 2018 soared, and a reasonable hypothesis is that Trump's racist language stimulated that increase in voting. Bard's wife not withstanding. Of those voters, 69% supported a Democratic candidate for the House, while only 29% supported a Republican. That's more underwater than Trump is with women, for example in Florida:

Quote:
There’s a major gender gap in Florida as 59 percent of women disapprove of Trump while 35 percent approve of him. Men are evenly divided with 47 percent approving of Trump and the same percentage disapproving of him

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/11/09/how-latinos-voted-in-2018-midterms/

Of course in a number of states the Hispanic voters are becoming a much larger bloc, and the efforts of the new Trump-GOP to alienate them is unwise. The GOP and the Tea Party in particular wears this bad judgement which has made the GOP toxic to millions of young and Hispanics. The Senate passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill in 2013 with support from 14 Republicans after significant and extensive negotiations.

Quote:
The Senate on Thursday passed the most monumental overhaul of U.S. immigration laws in a generation, which would clear the way for millions of undocumented residents to have a chance at citizenship, attract workers from all over the world and devote unprecedented resources for security along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The vote was 68-32. Fourteen Republicans crossed the aisle to vote with all Democrats in favor. Thursday’s vote now puts the onus of immigration reform on the Republican-led House, where leaders have been resistant to the Senate legislation.

“The strong bipartisan vote we took is going to send a message across the country, it’s going to send a message to the other end of the Capitol as well,” said Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), the leader of the so-called Gang of Eight. “The bill has generated a level of support that we believe will be impossible for the House to ignore.

To his everlasting shame, Boehner invoked the Hastert bill and refused to consider the Senate Bill--which probably would have passed. The hard right within the GOP refused to consider a path to citizenship.

Quote:
NPR's Tamara Keith tells us that after the meeting, Colorado Rep. Doug Lamborn said "there's almost unanimous agreement among the Republicans that the Senate bill is fatally flawed."

The Senate bill includes a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, a provision that's anathema to the majority of House Republicans, most of whom reside in electorally safe, predominantly white districts.

California Rep. Buck McKeon, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said: "There was pretty strong consensus that the border has to be secured before anything else." Including a path to citizenship.

According to Louisiana Rep. John Fleming, House Speaker John Boehner reassured the conference — as he has done in public and private many times before — that he will not allow an immigration bill to pass without a majority of the majority, a practice referred to as the Hastert Rule.

Had the House either considered the Senate Bill, or passed a reasonable bill that would have sent the two versions into a conference committee, this issue would now be behind us. But alas.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Well, it is clear that Bard's wife is almost certainly nicer and more interested in facts that Bard. The only thing we know for sure about her is that she has poor taste in men.

lol....she lives in Malibu, I bet she lives very well and is thrilled to have such a great husband and life...

I feel bad for anyone who has had to endure your anger and hatred.

We are blessed with our lives, and your bet is correct. We had 30 family members over this weekend. They feel the same way, and are proud and happy for their sister. Many races at the event. But of course to the morons I'm a racist.

Thanks Matty. She's the happiest woman I've ever met. Super blessed
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Well, it is clear that Bard's wife is almost certainly nicer and more interested in facts that Bard. The only thing we know for sure about her is that she has poor taste in men.

lol....she lives in Malibu, I bet she lives very well and is thrilled to have such a great husband and life...

We are blessed with our lives, and your bet is correct. We had 30 family members over this weekend. They feel the same way, and are proud and happy for their sister. Many races at the event. But of course to the morons I'm a racist.

I'm sure el trumpo clone of el chapo...

anyone who votes for Trump is a moron, and any female even more so with his grab um in the and assult rape victims, i guess we know where people are allowed to grab and you will not defend.

J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I believe?

“She is disgusting, Miss Piggy, sadly no longer a 10, a horseface, look at that face, who would vote for that?, she’s a dog, crazed crying lowlife, you could see blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of everywhere, fat pig, slob, bimbo, highly overrated, extremely unattractive, both inside and out, an extraordinarily low IQ, a dog, a pig”.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

per your description of a frm worker to citizenship for your wifes father. well I call BS try reading about guest workers, they were NEVER to be in the USA more than 3 years. Never to take jobs from americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guest_worker_program

vientomas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
She loves Trump and she loves you...she is a moron. 'Nuff said.

Wow!! that's cold, calling someones wife a moron???

Cold as ice, moron. Just like you, I call it like I see it.

It isn’t cold. It’s the action of someone who has absolutely no sense of decency. Utterly despicable even by his sophomoric standards. He should apologize but he won’t because he is just another angry child bravely hurling out insults from the warm embrace of his mother's basement.

Just taking my lead from the Pres. and Matty. Call it like I see it. Civility? Gone. Welcome to the new norm. Ya'll a bunch of cry babes. Angry? Nope. Getting a rise out of a bunch of self righteous morons? Yep. You know nothing about me Mr. Tack. I make my own way in the world. Ain't been in the basement of my Mom's house for over 25 years. No one has ever apologized for for insulting me here. Why should I? Sophmoric standards? Yep, this forum is a joke! I only come here for sophmoric entertainment. What a circle jerk. You think you are some sort of intellectual giant but you took the bait hook line and sinker. Your are a moron too, thinkng that you know anything about me. Piss off.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
She loves Trump and she loves you...she is a moron. 'Nuff said.

Wow!! that's cold, calling someones wife a moron???

Cold as ice, moron. Just like you, I call it like I see it.

It isn’t cold. It’s the action of someone who has absolutely no sense of decency. Utterly despicable even by his sophomoric standards. He should apologize but he won’t because he is just another angry child bravely hurling out insults from the warm embrace of his mother's basement.

Just taking my lead from the Pres. and Matty. Call it like I see it. Civility? Gone. Welcome to the new norm. Ya'll a bunch of cry babes. Angry? Nope. Getting a rise out of a bunch of self righteous morons? Yep. You know nothing about me Mr. Tack. I make my own way in the world. Ain't been in the basement of my Mom's house for over 25 years. No one has ever apologized for for insulting me here. Why should I? Sophmoric standards? Yep, this forum is a joke! I only come here for sophmoric entertainment. What a circle jerk. You think you are some sort of intellectual giant but you took the bait hook line and sinker. Your are a moron too, thinkng that you know anything about me. Piss off.

What happened dude....did you blow the tranny on your Forester???????
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
You know what I believe?

“She is disgusting, Miss Piggy, sadly no longer a 10, a horseface, look at that face, who would vote for that?, she’s a dog, crazed crying lowlife, you could see blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of everywhere, fat pig, slob, bimbo, highly overrated, extremely unattractive, both inside and out, an extraordinarily low IQ, a dog, a pig”.

You don't say much , but when you do you sound like a complete airhead... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: