myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 911, 912, 913 ... 1351, 1352, 1353  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump impresses me more every week. At first, I disagreed with his plan to veto much of the funding the House is considering for Hanford (worst nuclear waste dump in the free world) cleanup. But then his rationale surfaced and it's clear he's paying attention. The DOE's own IG formally blamed the DOE and its contractors for a gazillion dollars in mind-boggling and highly detailed fraud, waste, and abuse over the past seven years. IOW, the funding has been lining crooked and inept pockets with our money. (An inside source has been telling me about this for decades.) I say "gazillion" because the direct fraud at Hanford runs in the hundreds of millions and the long-range impact of this and similar malfeasance could hit 2 trillion.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Nope, you don't know, no surprise. So you change the subject.

That wasn’t the right link—but this is. You’re still dumb.

https://time.com/5582591/trump-offshore-drilling-deepwater-horizon/

This is what I thought I was posting.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/441837-trump-administration-eases-landmark-offshore-drilling-safety-rules

Mac post the wrong link and then calls someone dumb .....what an asshole!!!!!
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump makes yet another move to undermine environmental protection and worker safety--and Matty calls me names. What a prince.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Nope, you don't know, no surprise. So you change the subject.

That wasn’t the right link—but this is. You’re still dumb.

https://time.com/5582591/trump-offshore-drilling-deepwater-horizon/

This is what I thought I was posting.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/441837-trump-administration-eases-landmark-offshore-drilling-safety-rules
LOL, talk about transference, the playing card that's on top of the liberal deck, charge others with what you are guilty of yourself.
If Obama was so sure of the risks of deep water drilling, why didn't he stop it when he had plenty of time to do it, before the Horizon blowout?
You're still a hopeless tool of the far left.
I wonder how many here, of a conservative persuasion, have switched over to being a liberal as a result of your endless efforts here in this forum?
Actually I don't wonder, I know the answer.
The mac and Dean show never ends, fortunately, for you guys, it's free, we can show up and then leave whenever we want.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW..for me its the Matty , and NW show. It used to be the ISO show, but that got boring. Now, I start the day with a good laugh(courtesy of you), and a smack down from Matty...Sets me up for success. Thanks!
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just aim to please. Wink Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

If Obama was so sure of the risks of deep water drilling, why didn't he stop it when he had plenty of time to do it, before the Horizon blowout?
I wonder how many here, of a conservative persuasion, have switched over to being a liberal as a result of your endless efforts here in this forum?
The mac and Dean show never ends, fortunately, for you guys, it's free, we can show up and then leave whenever we want.

NW--talk about a show. I tune in to see the latest way that you wing nuts rationalize Trump's crimes, conflicts of interests, and threats to public health. In the process, you demonstrate remarkable ignorance. At least you are consistent.

Now to the Deepwater facts. BP secured the rights to drill in this area in 2008, a result of an acceleration of offshore leasing shepherded by Dick Cheney. Obama took office January 20, 2008. Nothing in his campaign targeted the Minerals Management Service; I would expect that few outside of the parties advocating on either side of offshore oil drilling knew how the MMS had been captured by the industry. (Bush faced a similar problem with Katrina, I'm positive he didn't come into office realizing that the Corps of Engineers needed fundamental reform.)

By April 6, the Department of the Interior had exempted BP from detailed environmental studies and by October 7, BP was drilling. At some point there, BP had a vested right to drill, and the only question was safety measures. Don't conservatives continue to support property rights?

Obama appointed Ken Salazar, as Secretary of the Interior who was confirmed immediately, despite opposition by some who considered him too close to mining and coal industries. But he made no changes at Minerals Management Service, the agency responsible for oversight of offshore oil development.

BP cut a number of corners to get the project under way quickly including using an oil spill contingency plan copied from an arctic well--without deleting references to polar bears. But the decisions they made about the concrete mix for the well casing and the blow out preventer were made by BP with no objections from MMS (although some BP staff did object.) Those led directly to the failure. After the explosion, which killed 11 workers, Salazar reorganized MMS into three separate agencies to try to prevent the problems with conflicts of interest.

Here from Brittanica is an account of the problems.

Quote:
The Deepwater Horizon rig, owned and operated by offshore-oil-drilling company Transocean and leased by oil company BP, was situated in the Macondo oil prospect in the Mississippi Canyon, a valley in the continental shelf. The oil well over which it was positioned was located on the seabed 4,993 feet (1,522 metres) below the surface and extended approximately 18,000 feet (5,486 metres) into the rock. On the night of April 20 a surge of natural gas blasted through a concrete core recently installed by contractor Halliburton in order to seal the well for later use. It later emerged through documents released by Wikileaks that a similar incident had occurred on a BP-owned rig in the Caspian Sea in September 2008. Both cores were likely too weak to withstand the pressure because they were composed of a concrete mixture that used nitrogen gas to accelerate curing....

Although BP attempted to activate the rig’s blowout preventer (BOP), a fail-safe mechanism designed to close the channel through which oil was drawn, the device malfunctioned. Forensic analysis of the BOP completed the following year determined that a set of massive blades known as blind shear rams—designed to slice through the pipe carrying oil—had malfunctioned because the pipe had bent under the pressure of the rising gas and oil. (A 2014 report by the U.S. Chemical Safety Board claimed that the blind shear rams had activated sooner than previously thought and may have actually punctured the pipe.)...

The National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling, formed by Obama in May 2010, faulted the Obama administration’s response to the spill in a report issued in October. The commission’s final report, issued in January 2011, attributed the spill to a lack of regulatory oversight by the government and negligence and time-saving measures on the part of BP and its partners.

A report released in September by the Joint Investigation Team of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE) and the U.S. Coast Guard emphasized BP’s ultimate responsibility for the disaster. (BOEMRE had supplanted the Minerals Management Agency, which had regulated drilling before the spill, in June 2010.) The report noted that, although the defective concrete cap had been installed by Halliburton, decisions about the installation process made by BP had been the cause of the failure. The investigation further found that BP and Transocean employees aboard the rig had—while engaged in testing procedures—ignored early indications of a problem and thus missed opportunities to prevent a full-scale blowout. Though representatives of BP conceded that the company was responsible for some of the factors contributing to the spill, they stressed that their partner companies were also to blame. Halliburton and Transocean similarly pointed to failures on the part of the other parties involved.

Of course some of us remember who Halliburton's man in DC was.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:

NW--talk about a show. I tune in to see the latest way that you wing nuts rationalize Trump's crimes, conflicts of interests, and threats to public health. In the process, you demonstrate remarkable ignorance. At least you are consistent.

Now to the Deepwater facts. BP secured the rights to drill in this area in 2008, a result of an acceleration of offshore leasing shepherded by Dick Cheney. Obama took office January 20, 2008. Nothing in his campaign targeted the Minerals Management Service; I would expect that few outside of the parties advocating on either side of offshore oil drilling knew how the MMS had been captured by the industry. (Bush faced a similar problem with Katrina, I'm positive he didn't come into office realizing that the Corps of Engineers needed fundamental reform.)

By April 6, the Department of the Interior had exempted BP from detailed environmental studies and by October 7, BP was drilling. At some point there, BP had a vested right to drill, and the only question was safety measures. Don't conservatives continue to support property rights?

Obama appointed Ken Salazar, as Secretary of the Interior who was confirmed immediately, despite opposition by some who considered him too close to mining and coal industries. But he made no changes at Minerals Management Service, the agency responsible for oversight of offshore oil development.

BP cut a number of corners to get the project under way quickly including using an oil spill contingency plan copied from an arctic well--without deleting references to polar bears. But the decisions they made about the concrete mix for the well casing and the blow out preventer were made by BP with no objections from MMS (although some BP staff did object.) Those led directly to the failure. After the explosion, which killed 11 workers, Salazar reorganized MMS into three separate agencies to try to prevent the problems with conflicts of interest.

Here from Brittanica is an account of the problems.

Quote:
The Deepwater Horizon rig, owned and operated by offshore-oil-drilling company Transocean and leased by oil company BP, was situated in the Macondo oil prospect in the Mississippi Canyon, a valley in the continental shelf. The oil well over which it was positioned was located on the seabed 4,993 feet (1,522 metres) below the surface and extended approximately 18,000 feet (5,486 metres) into the rock. On the night of April 20 a surge of natural gas blasted through a concrete core recently installed by contractor Halliburton in order to seal the well for later use. It later emerged through documents released by Wikileaks that a similar incident had occurred on a BP-owned rig in the Caspian Sea in September 2008. Both cores were likely too weak to withstand the pressure because they were composed of a concrete mixture that used nitrogen gas to accelerate curing....

Although BP attempted to activate the rig’s blowout preventer (BOP), a fail-safe mechanism designed to close the channel through which oil was drawn, the device malfunctioned. Forensic analysis of the BOP completed the following year determined that a set of massive blades known as blind shear rams—designed to slice through the pipe carrying oil—had malfunctioned because the pipe had bent under the pressure of the rising gas and oil. (A 2014 report by the U.S. Chemical Safety Board claimed that the blind shear rams had activated sooner than previously thought and may have actually punctured the pipe.)...

The National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling, formed by Obama in May 2010, faulted the Obama administration’s response to the spill in a report issued in October. The commission’s final report, issued in January 2011, attributed the spill to a lack of regulatory oversight by the government and negligence and time-saving measures on the part of BP and its partners.

A report released in September by the Joint Investigation Team of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE) and the U.S. Coast Guard emphasized BP’s ultimate responsibility for the disaster. (BOEMRE had supplanted the Minerals Management Agency, which had regulated drilling before the spill, in June 2010.) The report noted that, although the defective concrete cap had been installed by Halliburton, decisions about the installation process made by BP had been the cause of the failure. The investigation further found that BP and Transocean employees aboard the rig had—while engaged in testing procedures—ignored early indications of a problem and thus missed opportunities to prevent a full-scale blowout. Though representatives of BP conceded that the company was responsible for some of the factors contributing to the spill, they stressed that their partner companies were also to blame. Halliburton and Transocean similarly pointed to failures on the part of the other parties involved.

Of course some of us remember who Halliburton's man in DC was.

Please make a list of Trumps crimes(real crimes with convictions in a court of law) not made up crimes and accusations from liked minded liberal retards...I'll be waiting.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason the Trump crew was not indicted by Mueller for the Trump tower meeting with the Russians was that they convinced Mueller that they were too stupid to know that the meeting was against the law. Or more accurately, that they would be able to convince a jury that they were too stupid to know it was against the law. But of course you wouldn't know that because you don't read more than 140 characters.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
The only reason the Trump crew was not indicted by Mueller for the Trump tower meeting with the Russians was that they convinced Mueller that they were too stupid to know that the meeting was against the law. Or more accurately, that they would be able to convince a jury that they were too stupid to know it was against the law. But of course you wouldn't know that because you don't read more than 140 characters.

Poor old mac clinging to the threads from a failed Mueller report. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 911, 912, 913 ... 1351, 1352, 1353  Next
Page 912 of 1353

Jump to: