myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 897, 898, 899 ... 904, 905, 906  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 5601
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I say bring it !!! The US, and Silicon Valley took the lead in the early 90's from Japan, and has never looked back. You should be more confident in your country, and less protectionist.
This is two years old, but we both know that very little has changed.
https://247wallst.com/jobs/2017/03/17/apple-supports-4-8-million-jobs-in-china-more-than-double-us-total/
If Apple was a bit more patriotic, they'd move those jobs to another country, or better yet, back home.
And if our consumers were a bit more patriotic, they'd have little problem paying a bit more for their iPhone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 6987
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I say bring it !!! The US, and Silicon Valley took the lead in the early 90's from Japan, and has never looked back. You should be more confident in your country, and less protectionist.
This is two years old, but we both know that very little has changed.
https://247wallst.com/jobs/2017/03/17/apple-supports-4-8-million-jobs-in-china-more-than-double-us-total/
If Apple was a bit more patriotic, they'd move those jobs to another country, or better yet, back home.
And if our consumers were a bit more patriotic, they'd have little problem paying a bit more for their iPhone.


That's funny....equating patriotism with money, you're funny

BTW- if it were "a little bit" FoxConn Wisconsin would be built by now. We cant even staff it....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 5601
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I say bring it !!! The US, and Silicon Valley took the lead in the early 90's from Japan, and has never looked back. You should be more confident in your country, and less protectionist.
This is two years old, but we both know that very little has changed.
https://247wallst.com/jobs/2017/03/17/apple-supports-4-8-million-jobs-in-china-more-than-double-us-total/
If Apple was a bit more patriotic, they'd move those jobs to another country, or better yet, back home.
And if our consumers were a bit more patriotic, they'd have little problem paying a bit more for their iPhone.


That's funny....equating patriotism with money, you're funny
Ever heard of War Bonds, those weren't funny, but people bought them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 6987
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I say bring it !!! The US, and Silicon Valley took the lead in the early 90's from Japan, and has never looked back. You should be more confident in your country, and less protectionist.
This is two years old, but we both know that very little has changed.
https://247wallst.com/jobs/2017/03/17/apple-supports-4-8-million-jobs-in-china-more-than-double-us-total/
If Apple was a bit more patriotic, they'd move those jobs to another country, or better yet, back home.
And if our consumers were a bit more patriotic, they'd have little problem paying a bit more for their iPhone.


That's funny....equating patriotism with money, you're funny
Ever heard of War Bonds, those weren't funny, but people bought them.


Yes, of course. But Tim Cook is a businessman/CEO of a publicly traded company, who answers to his shareholders. His shareholders are interested in making money. Apple wouldn't exist without the ability to employ 1,000,000 people in China and manufacture iPhones cheaply. Then here in the good old USA, millions of software developers develop apps for the iPhone, creating an ecosystem that employs millions ... Its a win-win. You force Apple back into the US, and its finished... This is not exclusive to Apple...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 8187

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I say bring it !!! The US, and Silicon Valley took the lead in the early 90's from Japan, and has never looked back. You should be more confident in your country, and less protectionist.
This is two years old, but we both know that very little has changed.
https://247wallst.com/jobs/2017/03/17/apple-supports-4-8-million-jobs-in-china-more-than-double-us-total/
If Apple was a bit more patriotic, they'd move those jobs to another country, or better yet, back home.
And if our consumers were a bit more patriotic, they'd have little problem paying a bit more for their iPhone.


That's funny....equating patriotism with money, you're funny
Ever heard of War Bonds, those weren't funny, but people bought them.


Yes, of course. But Tim Cook is a businessman/CEO of a publicly traded company, who answers to his shareholders. His shareholders are interested in making money. Apple wouldn't exist without the ability to employ 1,000,000 people in China and manufacture iPhones cheaply. Then here in the good old USA, millions of software developers develop apps for the iPhone, creating an ecosystem that employs millions ... Its a win-win. You force Apple back into the US, and its finished... This is not exclusive to Apple...


Have they taken down the suicide nets at Foxcon yet?

Meanwhile, Apple is free to move their manufacturing to Vietnam, Mexico, or the U.S.
Jobless Rate At 49-Year Low
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 8187

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dem pollster says Trump's approval more 'steady' than any other president in history

51%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 12163
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/443856-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-double-digits-in-pennsylvania
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 12163
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 5711

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/443856-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-double-digits-in-pennsylvania



Creepy Sleepy Joe will be destroyed. Between the molestation of woman and children, his pathetic record, disgusting treatment of Anita Hill, and his shady dealings involving his son.

And last but not least, He's a fucking moron...


please run joe....please..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coboardhead



Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 3286

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/443856-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-double-digits-in-pennsylvania



Creepy Sleepy Joe will be destroyed. Between the molestation of woman and children, his pathetic record, disgusting treatment of Anita Hill, and his shady dealings involving his son.

And last but not least, He's a fucking moron...


please run joe....please..


Matty

You've complained on this forum about the way C. Thomas was treated and now Anita Hill. Come on man...which way is is? It seems you just repeat the talking point of the day. At one point, you were so impressed with Thomas you even claimed he was the first black justice. Now, you are defending someone who accused him of sexual harassment?

It's all partisan with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 897, 898, 899 ... 904, 905, 906  Next
Page 898 of 906

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group