myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. P. You are making a fool of yourself.

You know perfectly well what the accepted age of the universe is (13.7 billion years), and the somewhat later formation of our solar system is (4.5 billion years).

Both Mac and Dean (and others) are way ahead of you, in that what makes you think that anyone educated and qualified in various scientific fields would bother discussing, or taking orders from any person who considers scientific research to be fantasy conjecture, compared to ancient myth and dogma?

If, as Mac implies, there are swarms of right wing 'conservatives (I do like the implication that I, a conservative with a small c, must be one of them!) in your continent who actually believe that the world is only 5,000 years old, I can only conclude that your educational system is a total failure! Furthermore, if ever any of these idiots ever get into a position of power and authority the future of our civilisation will really be in peril!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least someone finally replied.

I thought you had checked yourself out of this forum. Nice to have you back GT.

coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
N. P. You are making a fool of yourself.

You know perfectly well what the accepted age of the universe is (13.7 billion years), and the somewhat later formation of our solar system is (4.5 billion years).

Both Mac and Dean (and others) are way ahead of you, in that what makes you think that anyone educated and qualified in various scientific fields would bother discussing, or taking orders from any person who considers scientific research to be fantasy conjecture, compared to ancient myth and dogma?

If, as Mac implies, there are swarms of right wing 'conservatives (I do like the implication that I, a conservative with a small c, must be one of them!) in your continent who actually believe that the world is only 5,000 years old, I can only conclude that your educational system is a total failure! Furthermore, if ever any of these idiots ever get into a position of power and authority the future of our civilisation will really be in peril!

GT. I once worked in evaluating nuclear waste isolation sites as a geo-structural analyst while I worked on a Phd. My boss was world famous in applying finite element analysis to the study of these salt formations. Yet, one day, in a meeting with world leaders in the field, someone mentioned the age of the formation and he corrected him and reminded him it was 5000 years old. We all sat at the conference table completely dumbfounded.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have 4.5 Billions years, and how many years of collected data to form this "settled science"?
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Don't hold your breath, I've ask him several questions over the years, and he never answers, always choosing to obfuscate instead. It's on page 2 of the progressive's old worn out playbook. The book is called "How to be a tool of the left".

Oh man! This is rich! Do your read your own posts?

Yes, which is an answer. And your point is?
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGB-NP wrote:
So we have 4.5 Billions years, and how many years of collected data to form this "settled science"?

Is there actually a point that you can’t quite make, or are you just trolling again?

I could tell you something about the number of data points that establish the age of the earth, the uptick in temperature, where the heat is stored, but I’m not sure you know how science works.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Buzzfeed?

Try going back and reading the article. Read the quote from the Stanford guy. Refute it if you can. I’ll wait.

Last edited by mac on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
KGB-NP wrote:

Is there actually a point that you can’t quite make, or are you just trolling again?

I could tell you something about the number of data points that establish the age of the earth, the uptick in temperature, where the heat is stored, but I’m not sure you know how science works.

Relax will ya? It’s all under control.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110421151919.htm

J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, your argument is ridiculous. You accept the “science” that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, that the last Ice age was 10,000 years ago. Yet humans weren’t around to measure. I hope you can explain how we settled on this science and why you accept it as fact.

That we flew past Pluto and now understand the exact concentration of it’s atmosphere. It’s called science. Should I post the settled science and official stance of the Canadian Government, the Russian, Japan and Australian governments, from NASA (the guys that can land on asteroids and beam back parts per million of content)? When is the last time you tried that ? From the Chinese scientists. Should I post the settled science from every major scientific body on the planet?

Do you understand any single word of this peer reviewed paper? Or how they determine anything old.

https://www.pnas.org/content/99/7/4167
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
NP, your argument is ridiculous. You accept the “science” that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, that the last Ice age was 10,000 years ago. Yet humans weren’t around to measure. I hope you can explain how we settled on this science and why you accept it as fact.

That we flew past Pluto and now understand the exact concentration of it’s atmosphere. It’s called science. Should I post the settled science and official stance of the Canadian Government, the Russian, Japan and Australian governments, from NASA (the guys that can land on asteroids and beam back parts per million of content)? When is the last time you tried that ? From the Chinese scientists. Should I post the settled science from every major scientific body on the planet?

Do you understand any single word of this peer reviewed paper? Or how they determine anything old.

https://www.pnas.org/content/99/7/4167

Bluefish1, don't assign me a position. As for ridiculous, to follow is a perfect example, but I'm thinking it should be in the "hissy fit" thread.....enjoy. Bluefish1, aren't you a painter? If so, spare me the brow beating on peer reviewed papers.

bluefish1 wrote:
If I’m a Mexican, I would love a wall. Right now it’s unknown and dangerous place out there in no mans land. Wheres the border? How much longer? Are we going to be seen? We are going to fucking die out here - and when we get close, (wherever the fuck that is), those gringos are going to shoot the fuck out of us. This is insane.

But with a wall, it becomes a city, a destination, a fucking respite. I could drive right out in the desert for 50-100 miles, know exactly where the border is and know I’m going to be safe 1 foot from the fucking USA. I’m thinking invite 5,000 or 10,000 of my friends to come out and check it out. Party! Tell them to bring torches, shovels, ladders, car jacks to bend steel and set up camp. Maybe a procession of food and tents to last a few months, years or decades. 1 foot from the fucking border. Then tell them to spread out for hundreds of miles down the line. Because we are in fucking Mexico, 1 foot from the fucking border. Legally.

Then in the dark of night I would cut hundreds of holes, disguise them like something in a prison breakout movie. So with a flick of the hand, a beam is removed and replaced when you cross. Or a concrete patch is put in place disguised like concrete or any number of a thousand ways to defeat a gold plated fucking wall. Those with higher intellect could use that highly technical invention called “a fucking ladder”. All this goes down in the dead of night. No infrared drones, no laser beams, no alarms, or space age technology anywhere. Just a 3rd century fucking wall. Nothing but 20 billion dollars of wasted concrete (or steel) that now has 10,000 holes in it that have to be monitored, (with drones) repaired and patched! DUH!

Those gringos! We can dig 5 miles underground, come up the drainage pipe and pop up on the 2nd floor of cell 349 and get our guy in the shower. They think a fucking wall is going to stop us?

In Matty’s mind it’s “moats and walls” because, well, his dear leader says so. Matty’s a primitive type of guy.

I tell you what. If Trump can stage his propaganda event scheduled for tomorrow on the border and somehow have some group of terrorists run by and photobomb him, I’ll laugh my head off and give him a wall.

By the way, I’m sure those Texan and Arizona land owners are happy to give up a thousands miles of private land to eminent domain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 36 of 194

Jump to: