myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing business
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he's not disappointed. '17 and '18 were substandard by most evaluations I make and hear from long-timers here.

thombiz wrote:
Last year participation at the place where I sail dropped 50%. The other guy moved to Washington State.
thombiz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know him, Dan Bauer! He is a remarkable waterman.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thombiz wrote:
You know him, Dan Bauer! He is a remarkable waterman.

He's always impressed me in many regards including his water skills. He works far harder than any kid 1/3 his age (he's 7Cool at park work parties, keeps the park humming better than any other host we've had in decades, knows just about every repeat guest by name, and deals far more pleasantly with miscreants than they deserve. His love for Roosevelt is unbounded, and he was devastated when false personal complaints about him got him permanently fired several years ago. It took me several detailed letters of praise to regional Corps commanders plus a change of the mid-level guard to overcome the lies told about him by clowns who wanted to run the park by mob (i.e., their own) rule with no regard for decent behavior, federal laws, or the public beyond their own little party hardy clique. Since then he has received at least one commendation and public accolades from the Corps.

I was asked to assume the job, but they balked at my lowest bid of $50,000 per season. Putting up with that much personal and park abuse (he's cursed and threatened by people who heap waist-high piles of rotting garbage on the lawn and who openly threaten to "spill Corps blood" because rules are enforced) is worth at least that, IMO, but the job pays ... nothing.

His praise for you resembles yours for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: