myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not look like Wilson is in a position to have his seat belt on.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: keeping da stoke alive! Reply with quote

Anyone notice that the Sailed Today forum is becoming a Bert, windward1, and occasionally dvCali personal sail blog, ha ha.

Laughing

You do have a lot of fans out here that enjoy the stories. So thanks for posting and keeping the stoke alive boyz!

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: keeping da stoke alive! Reply with quote

SwellRipper wrote:
Anyone notice that the Sailed Today forum is becoming a Bert, windward1, and occasionally dvCali personal sail blog, ha ha.

Laughing

You do have a lot of fans out here that enjoy the stories. So thanks for posting and keeping the stoke alive boyz!

Hei! I sailed at Coyote yesterday: that is indeed big news worth reporting!!!!!!!

But on other news: sailed my RRD FSW 90 with the new K4 Fang 30 cm. Incredible fin for the price (around $70). I am out with my 5.8 ACX and I am going head to head with a guy with Patrik slalom and 7.0. If anything has reassured me about dropping the slalom gear it is today!

FANG-1-150x150.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.27 KB
 Viewed:  13000 Time(s)

FANG-1-150x150.jpg

windward1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Natural Bridges 08-16-2018 Reply with quote

Interesting day at Natural Bridges. Long period south swell so surprises were to be had. Launch was a little tough. Had to retreat a few times and got totally rejected once. Board thrown up on the rocks and me scrambling after it. Did make it out though. Wind was light near shore but blowing twenty mph out in the kelp channel with higher gusts. I was rigged with an Ezzy Elite 6.1 on my Angulo WindSUP. I was overpowered a bit when out in the channel and underpowered near shore, so I guess I was rigged about right for what I wanted to do. And what I wanted to do was to play on the south swell and maybe catch a few waves of it. And play I did. One disconcerting problem was that there was a ton of flotsam in the water. I had to be ever vigilant not to hit it as I did my speed runs and wave rides. Even so, I hit one piece with my fins that was hidden by a wad of kelp. I saw plywood, fiberglass pieces, a flashlight, a reflective vest, rumble strips, PVC pipe with wood, two by fours.... What the heck? There was a crane parked at the cliff edge just on the other side of the Mobile Home Park. Also saw the Pacific Ocean do its stealth thing with waves. Running sea was 1 to 2 feet. The sets could be way higher. The occasional set was near 8 feet or better. Like rogue waves. Enough sets were coming in during the middle of my session that I was wondering if I was going to be able to make it safely back to shore.
When I did finally go in after two hours, I reported to the Park Services Life Guard about all of the flotsam. He said there had been a recent boat wreck 500 yards up the beach. Ohhhh. That's why.
Another windsurfer (who did not make it out) and I went to the Marine Lab to look at what the crane had brought up from the boat wreck. This windsurfer was from over the hill and said the boat wreck had been on the news with scenes taken from a helicopter. There was a security guard there that obliged us with a tour after first informing us that we were not allowed near the crane, bins and trailer that were there. There were four engines on the trailer, two were the main propulsion diesels. There were also two tanks. One was likely diesel and the other water. Looking over the cliff what was left of the boat was in many, many pieces. The other windsurfer had sailed Natural Bridges the day before and gotten oil on his sail. The news says they recovered all but 200 gallons of the diesel fuel. Some reports indicate the boat operator fell asleep. He and his dog were able to wade to safety as the landed at 2:00 Sunday morning and the tide was supposedly low.
So....all you navigators out there; STAY AWAKE! Not that any of you windsurfers have any diesel to spill.
Also, windsurfers new to the coast or never having been there during a long period south swell: Rogue waves do happen. And quite often.
[img][/img][img][/img]

Boat Wreck prior to break up cropped.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  903.42 KB
 Viewed:  12796 Time(s)

Boat Wreck prior to break up cropped.png

Cropped Track.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  790.84 KB
 Viewed:  12796 Time(s)

Cropped Track.png

bert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: handicap windsurfing Reply with quote

Long time Coyote sailor Vic asked me how much longer can I keep this up. I told him that I don't know..but I'll come up with something..( I just need to figure out where to put the beer mount) Smile

chatting with Vic.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.03 KB
 Viewed:  12538 Time(s)

chatting with Vic.jpg

handicap foilboard.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.98 MB
 Viewed:  12538 Time(s)

handicap foilboard.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Sunday Reply with quote

Rigged big (6.0) at 1 pm based on the dire Iwindsurf forecast for the Peninsula and because I foiled, my 4.2 would have been the better call. By 2 pm it was blowing almost 20 on the inside and 25 by SFO. I'll probably not renew my membership this fall because quite honestly..the Iwindsurf forecasts are, more often than not, worthless and inaccurate. Today more foilers at Coyote and the interest for foiling by other sailors is palpable. By next year I predict that windsurf foiling will take off much like the the foilers on kites.

4.2 Hucker.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.84 KB
 Viewed:  12009 Time(s)

4.2 Hucker.jpg

windward1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point on 08-23-2018 Reply with quote

Relaxing WindSUP session at Pleasure Point today. Angulo 10'-2" & Ezzy Cheetah 7.0. Wind was Southwest and 9 to 13 knots. Waves 1 to 3 feet. Water warm. I was in boardshorts and very comfortable.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point on 08-24-2018 Reply with quote

Another boardshorts day at Pleasure Point. Wind less than yesterday. Waves less than yesterday. Still enjoyable.
I have my way of handling the weak coast winds. If there is some south in them.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Stick 8/24 Reply with quote

Stick Fast and Furious with Isonic 111 and Switchblade 7.3 on Friday 8/24. Great conditions with the wind opened up all the way to Sierra Point. It stays up for about 1.5 hours than drops and I have to go. Robert out with foil and 7.8 (!), but he has to retreat around 3 pm because the wind is too much.

Stick time is coming up: most reliable place for the West Bay in March and September/October Very Happy
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel Fun Zone

Isabel windsurfing.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  491.27 KB
 Viewed:  9822 Time(s)

Isabel windsurfing.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 236 of 329

Jump to: