myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Step/flip vs. Flip/step vs. Flip/sail out switch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the incessant -- and surprising in some cases -- accusations that I'm lying, how do any of you think that is going to motivate me to take some of my precious shred time videoing my sailing? Despite sacrificing some of my cancer treatments to sail whenever it's windy, I don't get even 10% of the TOW I want. One windy day a week sucks, and PP hasn't explained how this "Have someone video you" concept works. Is that like "having someone" rig for you, or fix your meals for you, or sleep for you? Now THAT would be a good deal, now that I'm on only 12 prescription drugs rather than full-blown chemotherapy and have to take breaks only when the daylight or wind so decree. Unfortunately I haven't seen anywhere near enough days that good this year.

And as for the incessant charges that I'm guilty of lying until I expend time, hassle, and shred time to prove I'm not ... GFY. Go live in some turd world country -- or California, according to the state trooper who rousted me -- where that's the law. (That will be easy; there are about 196 Presumption of Guilt nations on Earth.) More open-minded sailors, some even reading my tutorial in other languages, have learned how to carve planing jibes for the first time from my tutorial. Yet some of you are so close-minded that you won't even study, let alone try, tweaking your entrenched methods. You're certainly allowed to mildew in your methods, but wasting SO much effort, time, and good will telling versatile thinkers I'm lying is unconscionable.

What is so GD difficult about TTGG? It worked perfectly for me the very first time I ever tried it ... as did switching both feet simultaneously. It was FAR simpler, FAR quicker, and remains infinitely more versatile, than the step jibe.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daviddk wrote:
(Isobars is) someone who has been sailing the same way for 30 years ... just mow that same old lawn, never try anything outside the comfort zone.

Even if one letter in that were true, how does that relate to the OPs request for ideas to improve his jibing?

Last edited by isobars on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
daviddk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

The only sail jibe in that video even approaching mine is his very last one..

TIL isobars is a way better jiber than Peter Hart and Whitey.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as with boards, cars, and dogs, "different" does not inherently equate to "better" or "worse". It just means "not the same as". But if my technique modifications help someone else learn to carve fully planing jibes as much as they helped me and others, I'd say it's "better" by our criteria ... especially if it's still our ordinary jibe of choice decades later.
Bendover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to confirm I am idiot, to be sure all readers forver know, quote isobars own words describing his best jibes (90%:complete used too) condense.. SORRY post so long...try to get it all right from isobars written so that visuals are correct for physicle plausibility to find example video image. Example of works below.

In 2-3 seconds TOTAL TIME unhookked (,One second I'm fully wound out in the incoming beam reach, the next I'm accelerating under full power in the new broad reach" go from reach to reach by jibe, Speed in FAST WFO warp speed no zero speed loss even accelerate out, simultaneous 1 second - LESS than second quarter second inside foot on rail behind front strap swing your hips into the turn as though bumping the car door tail rail CARVE with head high walls curtains of water while simultaneous   flipping sail and jumping off board with both feet simultaneous, so no hands or feet touching board nor sail while simultaneous carving water wall and board clear chop with no impediment in random harsh terain even truly gnarly garbage. All in one or 2 heartbeats or seconds with acceleration.

No craig we dont doubt you're video. not about sail flip for decades.

isobars, is that the condense describe of your jibe? So now all readers know what kind of video image to find??  If no, please correct from where from you're quotes in this thread not correctly understood by idiot.  Thankyou..

for doubters of isobars skill lvel. how high were you jump when you hurt you're knee? quote isobars. 30 feet. .... only 0.1 feet more than Gorge Jump off Whit Poor https://youtu.be/K_cTwXn0oCA for video image example 9f isobars jump (minus knee hurt part)). isobars, if not corrct, pleasevl correct from where from you're repeat quotes on forum of 30 feet jump not correctly understand by idiot

You're writing other techniquesnot good ireads same as yours is better?
coachg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
What is so GD difficult about TTGG? It worked perfectly for me the very first time I ever tried it ... as did switching both feet simultaneously. It was FAR simpler, FAR quicker, and remains infinitely more versatile, than the step jibe.

If this is true why isn't there at least one video of someone, somewhere doing it? If you have truly taught all these people to jibe like you surely one of them must have posted a video. Is it really that much to ask? Why have the pros not adopted this apparently superior technique?

Your jibe sounds quicker & simpler I'll give you that and I don't think I ever called you a liar, just asked for visual proof up till now. But on your quote "and remains infinitely more versatile, than the step jibe" I'm going to have to make the call.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Coachg
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
why isn't there at least one video of someone, somewhere doing it?

You realize (everyone should realize this) that if there is no video of Iso doing his jibe, Iso really has no idea what he's actually doing on the water. It's the classic windsurfing clinic scenario...the student thinks they're sheeting in or bending their knees or whatever, but the video shows otherwise.

Iso has never seen himself jibe. It is all in his mind, his FAR simpler FAR quicker infinitely more versatile jibe with no perceptible loss of speed. I contend that his jibe is indiscernible from a garden variety jibe, and he loses most of his speed.

daviddk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The SEARCH button will reveal many long boom discussions."

This was isobars ONLY contribution to a boom discussion a while back. It was concise, correct and helpful.

Why doesn't he just say this on every jibe discussion ? Iso has said everything he could possibly say regarding his jibe technique ad nauseam.

Could it be because boom discussions are dry and don't give him that ego boost he craves? Because he doesn't get that little dopamine rush as he re-types the epic saga of his windsurf career for the 18,549th time?

isobars, comment?
westender

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa

BDH.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.95 KB
 Viewed:  9815 Time(s)

BDH.jpg

swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that is totally clear by now is that isobars is not inclined to give up. Believe it or not, he could easily go on for another 20+ pages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 22 of 27

Jump to: