myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Perfect Coyote Jul 14 Reply with quote

Perfect day at Coyote with Starboard FSW 81 and 5.0. The wind is a bit weak at 3 pm when I take off but than it fills in to powered up 5.0. Nice breaking swell and very little chop! Very Happy Windy way past the outside buoys. Lot of people out B&J, Slalom and a couple of foils.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two good days at 3rd Ave on Friday and Saturday. sailed 4.0/85 both days in the channel. Saturday was windier, but Friday had bigger swell. Both days had great ramps, especially on port.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Nice ramp Reply with quote

Sherman Island Access had good wind and a favorable tide, which produced some nice ramps.

2018-07-15 Sherman Island Access.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  663.43 KB
 Viewed:  13969 Time(s)

2018-07-15 Sherman Island Access.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Hi Bert,

Alas, I have only 70 sessions in this year to your 85. For me though, this is probably my best year ever. So, happy I am.

W1

Glad to hear that you're taking it to the max, windward..your are probably about my age and we have to enjoy it while we are able. Don't know about you, but my body ( especially my knees) is really starting to feel it and with 70 around the corner, I don't know how much longer I can keep this pace up...but I'd rather be doing this than sitting in a rocking chair waiting to die. Foiled today at Coyote with Bob ( I think that's his name) who's mid 70's but still giving his best effort on his foil. I was on a 5.2 in 17 mph flood conditions at Coyote at 1 pm.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Windier Coyote Jul 16 Reply with quote

Double up today with a good steady 25 knots. Way more filled in than Sunday, probably a steady 25+ knots outside. I am out with 5.0 VERY powered up. It is fun although unfortunately there is a lot of chop on top of the swell. Still some of the swells are fairly big and it beyond fun to zig-zag over them.

I am trying a new tri-fin set up: K4 freestylewave 22 + two shark 6, which are the smallest side fins available. I like the set up a lot, the board has less grip on the swell but is much more alive than with the Drake 11 side fins that probably need so real waves to come into their own. And the board seems faster, it is windy but running down a swell downhill the sail starts to whissle Shocked Shocked Shocked
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dvCali,

Is it your sail whistling or is it your boom using its adjustment holes to mimic being a piccolo?

W1
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Hi dvCali,

Is it your sail whistling or is it your boom using its adjustment holes to mimic being a piccolo?

W1

Given its size and shape one would think it would want to be a bass flute, but you might be right, it might be trying to be a piccolo! Embarassed
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island 2018-07-17 Reply with quote

Summer on the river.

Reggie sails out.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB
 Viewed:  13667 Time(s)

Reggie sails out.jpg

cachaocachao

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: OC--brooks Reply with quote

~5pm Tue 300-400 yds WSW of brooks island in Olympic Circle was quite awesome, powered to OPed on 4.4 with nice smooth knee to waist high swell
sailtildark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waist high on a midget!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 233 of 329

Jump to: