myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jared Kushner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Mezvinsky. If it was this guy, and the same allegations, would you give a shit?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
Matty, since you claim to care about corruption, here is a real, perhaps small, example that bothers me but, I suspect, few right wingers. It is about a loophole allowing trucks to pollute. And like you are saying, "What a great pay for play scheme they were running.....only a complete imbecile would deny such an obvious crime.." ???

"[Representative] Diane Black (also candidate for Tennessee governor) introduced legislation in 2015 to protect the loophole when it was first in line to be eliminated by a stricter diesel emissions rule under the Obama administration. That bill failed, but after the election of Mr. Trump, she turned to Mr. Pruitt to carve out an exemption to the new rule - scheduled to take effect last month - and presented him with the study from Tennessee Tech.

Fitzgerald (the maker of the dirty trucks) had not only paid for the study, which has roiled the faculty at Tennessee Tech and is the subject of an internal investigation, but it had also offered to build a new research center for the university on land owned by the company. And in the six weeks before Mr. Pruitt announced in November that he would grant the exemption, Fitzgerald business entities, executives and family members contributed at least $225,000 to Ms. Black's campaign for governor, campaign disclosure records show....

The health threats are caused by nitrogen oxide and tiny particles of dust and soot that create haze in the air. In November, just days after Mr. Pruitt said he would eliminate the glider cap, staff members at the E.P.A. submitted an analysis to the agency's rule-making docket that contradicted the conclusions from Fitzgerald and Tennessee Tech that glider trucks created no more pollution than trucks with updated emissions systems.

The analysis said E.P.A. tests found that the Fitzgerald trucks emitted nitrogen oxide levels during highway operations that were 43 times as high as those from trucks with modern emissions control systems. The air pollution from these glider trucks was so bad that one year's worth of truck sales was estimated to release 13 times as much nitrogen oxide as all of the Volkswagen diesel cars with fraudulent emissions controls, a scheme that resulted in a criminal case against the company and more than $4 billion in fines.

When testing the glider trucks in stop-and-go traffic, the E.P.A. report said, the testing equipment shut down because of the extreme level of particulates.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/politics/epa-pollution-loophole-glider-trucks.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

So doesn't the FBI, that's why they have opened an investigation into Hillary's pay for play scheme.

I would never defend corruption by anyone if proven true.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
"Why do you not give a shit? Do you really think the young crook forgot about a billion in debt? "

Then why do you not give a shit that Hillary stole the nomination, mishandled classified information then lied about it and approved the sale of 20% of our uranium?

No response to the forgotten billion except an attempt to compare him to Chelsea Clinton's husband--who is worth perhaps $15 million, a not so successful hedge fund manager, and not in need of a security clearance and unable to get one. I see the tin foil hat is tight enough to keep all those pesky thoughts out, and stop critical thinking before it starts. Just wait for the next thing you need to be told from your fake news sources.
LHDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
LHDR wrote:
Matty, since you claim to care about corruption, here is a real, perhaps small, example that bothers me but, I suspect, few right wingers. It is about a loophole allowing trucks to pollute. And like you are saying, "What a great pay for play scheme they were running.....only a complete imbecile would deny such an obvious crime.." ???

"[Representative] Diane Black ..."

So doesn't the FBI, that's why they have opened an investigation into Hillary's pay for play scheme.

A Trump man hiding behind the FBI? Weak!

So you insist that Uranium One/Clinton is a "great pay for play scheme" that only fools would deny, but you are not so sure about the dirty truck case? Can you explain why? If I look at the right wing narrative of Uranium One on the one hand and the facts of the dirty trucks on the other, the appearance of corruption seems similar at the very least.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
LHDR wrote:

So you insist that Uranium One/Clinton is a "great pay for play scheme" that only fools would deny, but you are not so sure about the dirty truck case? Can you explain why? If I look at the right wing narrative of Uranium One on the one hand and the facts of the dirty trucks on the other, the appearance of corruption seems similar at the very least.

Reading your article it sounds bad. I have never heard about this before and would like to see if there is a reasonable argument from the other side.
LHDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
LHDR wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
LHDR wrote:

Reading your article it sounds bad. I have never heard about this before and would like to see if there is a reasonable argument from the other side.

Yeah, I basically agree. I'm pretty sure this will never meet corruption criteria in court unless Mrs. Black or Pruitt acted really stupidly. And I'm sure Black is saying she only did it to protect jobs, not because she was hoping for campaign money from the truck company.

However, it seems impossible that a reasonable and independent person would support the dirty truck loophole, and therefore it is a likely example of corrupt money in politics harming the country. And Republicans are most resistant to trying to reduce corrupting money.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Jersey City Reply with quote

Jared is another real-estate whore, just like his father in-law.
He tried and failed at gerrymandering a tax break for Trump tower. What a horses arse just like Wet-ty!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So his access to secret information has been curtailed—as information about foreign agents bragging about how to use him emerges. http://www.thevegas.win/2018/02/us-intel-just-caught-foreign-officials.html
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
So his access to secret information has been curtailed—as information about foreign agents bragging about how to use him emerges. http://www.thevegas.win/2018/02/us-intel-just-caught-foreign-officials.html

We're sorry Clarence, you don't have clearance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
So his access to secret information has been curtailed - as information about foreign agents bragging about how to use him emerges. http://www.thevegas.win/2018/02/us-intel-just-caught-foreign-officials.html

Entertaining for sure. Insignificant in terms of Republican policies harming the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: