myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
I have said many times I have very mixed feelings about guns. Never owned one and most likely never will. If I lived in a rural area I would own one for self defense of home and family.
I just find it comical that folks are blaming Trump. Obama was President for EIGHT years with larger majorities than Trump for part of that time. What did he change??????? VERY LITTLE. 8 years Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Actually. During the Obama years, Medicaid was greatly expanded to include significant increases in funding for mental health services under the ACA and other programs. Especially, services for children.

In addition, Obama signed legislation to include mental health as an illness for all insurance plans. This was called parity for mental health.

You don't fix a problem like this overnight. And, cutting funding mid-stream is a horribly irresponsible thing to do. Which is what the GOP is doing right now. So, we have the opportunity to raise a whole new crop of young men who do not receive care until they are beyond repair.

Please, do a little research before you spout off.

Hence the word LITTLE. Obama had eight years with super majorities and did LITTLE to change the gun laws even REMOTLY close to what Dems preach about. Lots of talk and little action, but still praised by cowards like you.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/years-sandy-hook-obama-leaves-legacy-progress-gun/story?id=44163755

Matty

We just got bombarded with Techno's data on crime. You know what? It is largely true. You are not going to get very far if you try and limit access to weapons by the mentally ill. So, what do you do? You treat the mentally ill and reduce the potential for these issues

My wife is in medicine. Since she finished her residency in the eighties access to mental health care for everyone, including children, has been reduced year after year after year.

UNTIL 2009 and the changes to what insurance companies are required to reimburse. This was huge for providing access to mental health care...huge. The GOP is systematically disarming this program through a number of methods.

We have a problem and the only way to solve it is to treat sick people. Or, they will use a knife, or a bomb or some other method.

Should Obama have gone after guns? Maybe. He did promise not to take away guns when he ran for office. I thought he should have tried and reinstated the ban on assault type weapons. But, I also recognize that this is a partial solution and will get revoked as soon as a GOP takes office.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Obama had eight years with super majorities"

mat-ty, where did you pick up that nonsense? Spouting off with that kind of stuff just shows how little you know.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Lest we forget, with the talking points e-mailed to conservatives quickly posted here, the Russians funded the NRA efforts to help Trump. As payback, Trump signed a bill to make it easier for the mentally ill to get guns, and cut mental health funding. Sell those guns, who cares how much blood is on our hands.

Mac the more you talk about Russians the more foolish you sound. Why did Clapper, Brennar, Comey , Obama DO NOTHING? Until Hillary lost???

Mac leaves out the fact that many groups wanted Obamas last minute rule changed. Including the ACLU.

http://fortune.com/2018/02/15/trump-shooting-mental-illness/

Nothing like an ignorant fool who pays no attention. McConnell blocked Obama's effort to publicize Russian interference. Because it was helping Trump?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Lest we forget, with the talking points e-mailed to conservatives quickly posted here, the Russians funded the NRA efforts to help Trump. As payback, Trump signed a bill to make it easier for the mentally ill to get guns, and cut mental health funding. Sell those guns, who cares how much blood is on our hands.

Mac the more you talk about Russians the more foolish you sound. Why did Clapper, Brennar, Comey , Obama DO NOTHING? Until Hillary lost???

Mac leaves out the fact that many groups wanted Obamas last minute rule changed. Including the ACLU.

Nothing like an ignorant fool who pays no attention. McConnell blocked Obama's effort to publicize Russian interference. Because it was helping Trump?

Your kidding right???? quite possibly the stupidest thing you have ever said.
There is no blocking a LEAK or the PRESS the last time I checked.

Come up with something better than that old fool.

Last edited by mat-ty on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"Obama had eight years with super majorities"

mat-ty, where did you pick up that nonsense? Spouting off with that kind of stuff just shows how little you know.

Taken out of context asshole. I wrote "for part of the time"

And that would have been the first two years.

Bottom line, Obama did little to improve gun safety in this country, and he was president for eight years. So blaming it on Trump is comical, but par for the course for the CLOWNS.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

What a moron.

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden says he and President Barack Obama decided not to speak out publicly on Russian interference during the 2016 campaign after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to sign a bipartisan statement condemning the Kremlin's role.

Speaking on Tuesday at the Council on Foreign Relations, Biden said the Obama administration sought a united front to dispel concerns that going public with such accusations would be seen as an effort to undermine the legitimacy of the election.

However, McConnell "wanted no part of having a bipartisan commitment saying, essentially, 'Russia's doing this. Stop,' " he said.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

What a moron.

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden says he and President Barack Obama decided not to speak out publicly on Russian interference during the 2016 campaign after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to sign a bipartisan statement condemning the Kremlin's role.

Speaking on Tuesday at the Council on Foreign Relations, Biden said the Obama administration sought a united front to dispel concerns that going public with such accusations would be seen as an effort to undermine the legitimacy of the election.

However, McConnell "wanted no part of having a bipartisan commitment saying, essentially, 'Russia's doing this. Stop,' " he said.

Actually you're the moron......DECIDED NOT TO SPEAK???????

That's a long way from your claim of being blocked. McConnell had no desire to aide the CONSPIRACY morons like yourself why Madame DB lost.

Do you know how much the Russians spent in Michigan??? about 300$
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hence the word LITTLE. Obama had eight years with super majorities and did LITTLE to change the gun laws even REMOTLY close to what Dems preach about. Lots of talk and little action, but still praised by cowards like you."

mat-ty, the above comment is what you posted. I don't know where you wrote "for part of the time", but I'm not seeing it.

Also, the Democrats didn't have a filibuster proof Senate for two years, and you should know that because the reason why came from MA. Considering Kennedy's illness and death, the Democrats only had a 60 vote majority for arguably 3 months. Later with Scott Brown's election, the Democrats permanently lost any advantage, and as we all know Mitch McConnell and the Republican party used the filibuster an unprecedented number of times throughout Obama's presidency.

Lastly, if Obama was unable to make any real progress with gun control legislation, it was due to actions taken by the Republican party. Like it or not, it's the truth.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"Hence the word LITTLE. Obama had eight years with super majorities and did LITTLE to change the gun laws even REMOTLY close to what Dems preach about. Lots of talk and little action, but still praised by cowards like you."

mat-ty, the above comment is what you posted. I don't know where you wrote "for part of the time", but I'm not seeing it.

Also, the Democrats didn't have a filibuster proof Senate for two years, and you should know that because the reason why came from MA. Considering Kennedy's illness and death, the Democrats only had a 60 vote majority for arguably 3 months. Later with Scott Brown's election, the Democrats permanently lost any advantage, and as we all know Mitch McConnell and the Republican party used the filibuster an unprecedented number of times throughout Obama's presidency.

Lastly, if Obama was unable to make any real progress with gun control legislation, it was due to actions taken by the Republican party. Like it or not, it's the truth.

I said that on my post a few days ago....sorry

No sense in arguing, I would like to see better gun laws also.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2018 03:34 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

I have said many times I have very mixed feelings about guns. Never owned one and most likely never will. If I lived in a rural area I would own one for self defense of home and family.
I just find it comical that folks are blaming Trump. Obama was President for EIGHT years with larger majorities than Trump for part of that time. What did he change??????? VERY LITTLE. 8 years
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

What a moron.

Quote:

Actually you're the moron......DECIDED NOT TO SPEAK???????

That's a long way from your claim of being blocked. McConnell had no desire to aide the CONSPIRACY morons like yourself why Madame DB lost.

Do you know how much the Russians spent in Michigan??? about 300$

Yeah, Putin took me to a strip club, and that only covered half the night's fun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 253 of 331

Jump to: