myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Even the NYPOST is fed up with the greatest country in the world's inability to protect its own citizens....
Techno..there's a lot we can do to change the culture...we can start by banning all AR 15 style rifles...we did from 1994-2004, then the Republicans let it lapse...

https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/mr-president-its-time-to-do-something-about-guns/

We've disabled the good people who want to carry CCW. But in Texas, where 2 terrorists were going to kill dozens, armed Texans took them out quickly, with no innocents killed. WE HAVE BEEN HOBBLED BY OUR GOVERNMENT. This makes us sheep for the slaughter.
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homicides by firearm (per person) are 10 times greater in the US than other civilized countries. There is something exceptional about this that seems worth understanding. I'm not sure that it is solely due to unregulated availability of guns, desperate poverty of a relatively large fraction of the population or lack of mental health care. Or is it?

But I think a key to reducing the murder of school children is understanding why the US is so different from other countries in this respect. Certainly more thoughts and prayers, or banning video games and Hollywood movies, won't do.

"Here's a thought: The next politician to express sorrow over the slaughter of students at a school without offering any specific remedy should be run out of office, for cowardice and failure to protect American children.
Here's a prayer: Let us remember to hold that thought for at least seven months, to the next election."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/opinion/florida-school-shooting-guns.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

Even though the good MalibuG tells me that so many more people die from abortion and obesity, I certainly hope that by the time my kids are in high school, a number of serious measures will have been put into place to try to address this, and I hope that allowing guns in schools is not one of them (if you want to ban violent video games as part of this, sure, I think the evidence says it has nothing to do with this, but it also won't hurt).
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Gun violence is a morality/mental illness problem. Hammers/club's kill more people than rifles do.

Not in a single outing they don't.
Yeah I need an AR15 to hunt dear but only because I am a bad shot!!!

The AR-15 is a pop gun compared to a deer rifle. FYI. It is a 22 caliber bullet with a bigger load. Women and children can use them easily. Tim McVeigh used fertilizer to kill way more people. Take the guns, they'll use trucks, bombs, gasoline, pressure cookers, hammers, cars, and handguns.

And out of that 5297 killed by handguns how many were thug on thug shootings. I bet more than 50%.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Gun violence is a morality/mental illness problem. Hammers/club's kill more people than rifles do.

Not in a single outing they don't.
Yeah I need an AR15 to hunt dear but only because I am a bad shot!!!

The AR-15 is a pop gun compared to a deer rifle. FYI. It is a 22 caliber bullet with a bigger load. Women and children can use them easily. Tim McVeigh used fertilizer to kill way more people. Take the guns, they'll use trucks, bombs, gasoline, pressure cookers, hammers, cars, and handguns.

And out of that 5297 killed by handguns how many were thug on thug shootings. I bet more than 50%.

More

Cops had been called out to Cruz's home 36 ...THIRTY SIX... times, school had expelled him and the FBI had been warned! What next, should the kid have been carrying around a sign a few days before the attack reading, "I'm an unstable nut who's about to commit an atrocity"?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/alleged-florida-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-was-reported-to-fbi-cops-school-but-warning-signs-missed.html

This is a bureaucrat problem. This is a case where they could change the law to put bureaucrats in jail when they miss these signs. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME A MASS SHOOTER WAS IN FBIs radar, but not touched
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Only 4 to 7% of all guns crime that ends in intentional murder are caused with legally purchased guns

*60% of all gun deaths are suicides

*Knives Kill five times more people in America than the AR-15

*There were 2,000 shootings in Chicago in 2016 alone and none of them were caused by white legal gun-owning NRA members. 98% of those shootings were with ILLEGALLY obtained weapons

Let’s focus on mental health, fatherless homes and education which are the real ISSUES here Donald J. Trump

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) — Minnesota set a record last year for the number of gun background checks the FBI conducted in the state.

More people are carrying guns than ever before, but the crime rate remains relatively low. WCCO’s Pat Kessler is looking at the numbers, and giving them a Reality Check.

We took a hard look at the numbers, and found: Minnesota has a high rate of gun ownership, and a relatively low rate of violent crime.

Minnesota’s violent crime rate hit a 50-year low in 2016, according to the FBI.

And in 2017, the state set a new record for firearms background checks.

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System reports it processed nearly 683,544 checks on gun buyers in 2017. That includes: 473,975 permits, 94,383 handguns and 125,516 long guns.

Minnesota set another 2017 record, too.

The State Department of Public Safety reports 283,188 Minnesotans now have permits to legally carry firearms in public.

In 2017, the state issued 57,651 permits to carry a weapon in public. That’s down from a record 71,156 permits issued in 2016.

There’s still a lot we don’t know about guns in Minnesota. An estimated 36.7 percent of Minnesotans own at least one firearm.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
*Only 4 to 7% of all guns crime that ends in intentional murder are caused with legally purchased guns

*There were 2,000 shootings in Chicago in 2016 alone and none of them were caused by white legal gun-owning NRA members. 98% of those shootings were with ILLEGALLY obtained weapons

Let’s focus on mental health, fatherless homes and education which are the real ISSUES here Donald J. Trump

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) — Minnesota set a record last year for the number of gun background checks the FBI conducted in the state.

More people are carrying guns than ever before, but the crime rate remains relatively low. WCCO’s Pat Kessler is looking at the numbers, and giving them a Reality Check.

We took a hard look at the numbers, and found: Minnesota has a high rate of gun ownership, and a relatively low rate of violent crime.

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System reports it processed nearly 683,544 checks on gun buyers in 2017. That includes: 473,975 permits, 94,383 handguns and 125,516 long guns.

The State Department of Public Safety reports 283,188 Minnesotans now have permits to legally carry firearms in public.

In 2017, the state issued 57,651 permits to carry a weapon in public. That’s down from a record 71,156 permits issued in 2016.

There’s still a lot we don’t know about guns in Minnesota. An estimated 36.7 percent of Minnesotans own at least one firearm.

Where did you get your numbers from?
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

Where did you get your numbers from?

russian paid trolls....

wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No seriously Guru where did you get your numbers from? Are they the latest 1 year statistics, average over five years? I see a lot of asterisks in front of the first set. Just curious.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
No seriously Guru where did you get your numbers from? Are they the latest 1 year statistics, average over five years? I see a lot of asterisks in front of the first set. Just curious.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealRedElephants/videos/542870546084748/

Do you guys not know how to use google?
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazi-Poster wrote:
wsurfer wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealRedElephants/videos/542870546084748/

Do you guys not know how to use google?

Yes, thanks butt-wipe, I wanted him to come clean but thanks for pointing out that the numbers come from a questionable source. In fact all can be challenged or proven completely false.
Nice name by the way Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 249 of 331

Jump to: