myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wing sail is reality now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killogramm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferslist wrote:
joethewindsufa wrote:
surferslist wrote:
What would you estimate is the wind range for the 5.0?

NON, no, nein = not again Sad
please read the 22 pages here and then ask for a 7-oh

I read the 21 pages a week ago and I'm not combing through it again, thank you! Wink

He really should have that info on his website, but I can't find it.
Hi Derek! If I remember your name correctly. Wingsail works and rates differently from traditional sail. It is not much about sail size , it is more about sailors weight. Our 5.0 is good for light sailor 120 lb of so, 5.8 is for heavier sailor about 180 lb. Both sails designed to get board on the plain from 14 kt , I don't know upper limit but the highest I've been is 42 kt . Our sail is different from other wing sails that has been tested in the past because our sail reveres in the front section , where is all lift generated. As it is now we are working on next sail size, 6.5. But I don't know yet how it will behave in reality, but will be stated on web as soon as tested. As you know I was making plans to go to Florida around Jan 22 , but still not clear because not all carbon parts are ready. Hope to see you in Fla when we come down for sail testing. About my quiver. As past 3 years each time I go sailing I have only one sail in my car. I target wind from 14 kt and whatever comes. More is better. Actually I have two sails in the car 1 for me and 1 for my wife. In my past I use to have 4.5, 5.4, 5.7, 6.5 , and 7.0 but use it very rare because no fun. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: