myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: 3rd on Tuesday Reply with quote

At Third this Tuesday. Before taking up foiling I might wonder if there was enough wind for the 4.7. Now I ask myself if the 4.7 is too big. I went 4.7 with the wind at 12 on the inside and a weak 18 by the marker at 2 pm. Sailed a mile beyond the marker for flatter water to practice the foil jibes and played with the swells just above the marker. Stayed dry as I made all my foil gybes today.
LeeD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't come to terms with using that giant 130 liter board for our bay conditions. Much rather be using a 94 liter board and 6 meters going faster, jumping, and carving jibes
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-04-2017 Reply with quote

Nice day today at Natural Bridges. Three windsurfers out. 4.7, 5.8 & 6.6

Pretty good for a Wednesday in October.
bert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Sunday at the Stick Reply with quote

Blowing only 15 at the Stick on Sunday and 5.0 was more then sufficient. I usually go high upwind at the start, look for the gusts 50 yards up, pump the foil up and then head straight downwind towards Sierra Pt. Then I bear downwind towards Hunter's Pt., then back up to Sierra before I head back to the Stick. Makes for a nice ride. 2 other foilers at the Stick today.., one being Jason Voss who came up from the Delta. Yesterday I launched from the lower 3rd Ave when the wind was 17-18 at the channel. It went to 23 mph within a half hour and my 4.7 was a meter too big on the foil. Fortunately I'm able to handle high winds when foiling as I learned to foil in 16-20 mph winds all of July. Got the shit beat out of me that first month but I got over the hump so 20 mph on a 4.7 is no big deal these days. It's actually exciting..like trying to ride a crazed bronco. Makes life interesting for this old geezer.
bert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Wednesday Reply with quote

I foiled Palo Alto this Wednesday with the wind at 11 mph ave. on a 6.6 Naish Sprint and the 135L JP foil board. I've not used that sail in a dozen years and it felt great..good low end and stable in the light wind. Visibility was so bad because of the fires up north that I lost site of the Harbor inlet and it required some back and forth sailing to find the launch. I feel bad for the people suffering from the fires and hurricane calamities that have occurred this past month.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(10/12/17) Reportedly air quality in San Francisco this morning was as bad as a regular day at Beijing, China and I felt it. Fortunately, wind direction shifted and a bit of blue sky showed up around 3PM. Sailed the Stick by myself for about 1-1/2 hrs on 5.7/100...while a bit guilty doing it. Sad With so many natural disasters this year, mother nature must be mad at something....

(10/13/17)Today, Friday at the Stick again. Same wind strength as yesterday but a bite more northerly and smokey. Despite the unhealthy air, six guys out with two foilers, one being Jason Voss. The Naked Gun showed up late and was still on the water when I left at almost six.
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems we still get about an hours worth of wind most days this week at berkeley, around 15 average. Not many still interested though.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-19-2017 Reply with quote

Nice south swell rolling in. Wind was only 9 to 15 knots so sailed my Angulo 10'10" and my Ezzy Cheetah 7.0. Fun to play on the swells. Some were shoulder high. Enough time between sets to make getting out easy.

Only myself and a half dozen surfers.

High Surf warning from 6 p.m tonight until 6 p.m. Friday night. Predicting 13' to 18' waves with the occasional 25 footer. Gonna be fun for someone. I have got granddaughter duties tomorrow.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: PA on Fri/ Stick on Sat Reply with quote

5.0 on the foil at Palo Alto on Friday with the wind average at 13-14 mph. Couple of guys out on a 6.9 and 7.3. Pulled a couple of foil duck jibes coming in towards the ramp. Quit when the foil started to drag mud on the inside.
Did the Stick today wind the wind at an anemic 10 mph. I went 5.3 which was a half meter too small. While I was slogging on the foil I worked on tacks, heli's, push tacks, snap turns, until there was enough wind to get the foil up. I did more pumping than usual to get the foil working. Glad I have the Slingshot foil. While slow, it gets up easily, rides nice, and is not as twitchy as the carbon foils out there.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: PA on Fri/ Stick on Sat Reply with quote

bert wrote:
5.0 on the foil at Palo Alto on Friday with the wind average at 13-14 mph. Couple of guys out on a 6.9 and 7.3. Pulled a couple of foil duck jibes coming in towards the ramp. Quit when the foil started to drag mud on the inside.
Did the Stick today wind the wind at an anemic 10 mph. I went 5.3 which was a half meter too small. While I was slogging on the foil I worked on tacks, heli's, push tacks, snap turns, until there was enough wind to get the foil up. I did more pumping than usual to get the foil working. Glad I have the Slingshot foil. While slow, it gets up easily, rides nice, and is not as twitchy as the carbon foils out there.

Nice to see you at the Stick today!

I must admit that I remain not impressed by the foils. Today I was out with my venerable Isonic 111 (it is the 2008 model!) and a new Goya 7.2 (6 battens, very light) and yet again I was at least twice as fast than your set up, or Robert's who was on Neil-Pryde Alu-foil and 5.6, and planing constantly while you were both slogging ... I am sure it can work but I start to think that the 2 meters difference btw foil and a regular windsurfer (more than compensated by the massive size of a board with a foil) is a bit of a fantasy!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 208 of 329

Jump to: