myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Berkeley/His Lords Car Breakins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsrf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Berkeley/His Lords Car Breakins Reply with quote

Yesterday, several sailors came back to shore to find car windows smashed and contents rifled. One purse taken, at least. No gear. Just smash/grab operation.

Not sure what can be done except to park in "more visible/trafficed" locations as much as possible - i.e. on the breakwater road with its foot and car traffic or in middle of lot closer to restaurant entrance - vs. right behind the berm.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I hide what little I take...cell and wallet...with my gear deep in the back of my pickup and leave the cab unlocked. Glass is always the big expense. I never lock my doors when I park at home. Let them check it out. And, I try to park at the seawall for all to see. I just have to rinse the salt off when I get home.
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks. That happened to Jerry at TI, got wallet and cell phone and we've not seen him since.

I also bury my goodies in the back under junk, and hide the keys outside the car. I've been locking the car but may stop to save glass. Crooks can have the three beers I typically bring.

I'm not religious about locking in my driveway, only downside is the mysterious loss of two leatherman tools out of the glovebox.
meyer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost always park next to the seawall. I also bring my big bad dog Bela to watch my beers!
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Hound!
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago in a galaxy far away I had my window smashed so as windoggie did I left my doors unlocked. Dumb shits still smashed, so I left windows open. That worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: