myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
T.I. Ramp Access
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radross

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: T.I. Ramp Access Reply with quote

Starting Thursday (9.14.17), as part of their on-going remediation plans to move dirt over the perimeter path, the Navy intends to close access to the ramp Mondays through Friday's at 4:00 p.m. The Navy, barring any "unfavorable" soil samples, expects the week-day ramp closure to last "1 to 2 weeks."

The Navy has also asked us to respect the fence closure [meaning don't tear down the fence] from North Point Drive to the pipes on the north side of the island.

Of course, it remains while parking on North Point or Avenue I, to respect the tenants by limiting your nudity when changing Laughing refraining from urinating on their bushes Shocked, or parking on the dirt Rolling Eyes. Generally behave as though we are guests, including discreet post-session malt beverage refreshment Cool.

Ross
bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Ross. Since I sail from noon to 3 that shouldn't affect me. Last time I was there I parked on the dirt access next to the fence opening. Found it real easy to get the foil gear to the ramp, which made me happy as you almost need a forklift to put a foil into the water. Later, some of the regulars told me that it's not advisable to park there Crying or Very sad

foiling Treasure Island.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  27423 Time(s)

foiling Treasure Island.jpg

greytwhyte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert, I think you misunderstood the post from Ross. The ramp will be closed all day Monday through Friday. Opening Friday at 4pm for the weekend.
erogind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I interpret Ross's post: the TI access will be closed M-F from 8 AM through 4 PM (while they work out there) for these next two weeks. It will be open to us after 4 PM each day, M-F, and all day S,Su. (It doesn't make sense that it would be closed after 4 PM on Friday).
If I am correct Bert will be out of luck at TI, midday and midweek, for these next two weeks.
erik
radross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, we have been told that at least for the next two weeks:

M-Th - no ramp access.
Friday - no ramp access prior to approx. 4:00 p.m. Opens around 4:00 p.m., when the Navy shuts down their operations for the weekend.
Sat. and Sun. - ramp open.

Parking - no parking on the dirt whatsoever! Unfortunately, in early August we received a strongly worded warning from the director of TIDA, who has been an ally and proponent of our parking and ramp access for years, that parking on the dirt shall cause TIDA to tow your vehicle and close access to the ramp altogether. The warning came with photo's of the offenders' vehicles. Please carry your gear. Don't be the person that causes us to lose access just to save yourself maybe 20 or 30 yards of carrying. The TIDA director has asked us to "self-police" our sailing community. Also, please park away from the occupied apartments.

Nudity and Urinating. While TI can at times seem like the Wild West and there are bigger issues there than old sailors with prostrate issues, families with children do live there. Apparently a tenant complained earlier this summer to TIDA about windsurfers not covering up while changing and urinating on the bushes. Please be discreet.

Ross
bert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. Next time I do TI I'll make sure not to park on the dirt and will wear my Depends adult diaper Embarassed
Getting old is a bitch.
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: T.I. Ramp Access Reply with quote

The Navy, barring any "unfavorable" soil samples, expects the week-day ramp closure to last "1 to 2 weeks."

Ross[/quote]

BTW the navy is testing for radioactive contamination, not urine.

Daniel, please no pee from you as god knows what you do to extend your sessions.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone been to TI so far this season? anything new to report about access/launch?
koogzah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out there about a month and a half ago and all the fences were down, including the "permanent" one that used to separate the perimeter road from the grassy lawn. You can access the boat ramp directly from the parking inside the residential area as well as from the road where we've been parking the last few years. Additionally, they had pulled the fence back around the old parking lot so that you can actually get in and out of the water down wind of the ramp. In general, the water access is better than it has been in years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: