myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Irma Forecast
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gvogelsang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrWind wrote:
Irma is forecasted to almost totally inundate Pine Island where landfall is predicted right now. The perfect spot I referred to much earlier was the red Beachouse at the end of the video attached below Few days ago the forecast was for 30-55 knots with Irma scraping the east coast. Can't believe this quaint little town may be no more...

. https://youtu.be/8-5c78GgXsk

Lars

A little more than 25 years ago I spent a wonderful afternoon off Captiva windsurfing up and down a beach. Progressive Composite slalom board and a 6.0.

My thoughts and prayers for all the Floridians affected by this storm. My son is in central Florida - west of Daytona Beach.
gvogelsang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let's not forget the folks on Barbuda and Antigua who are getting pounded a second time by Jose.

I can't imagine.
DrWind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my aunt and uncle's are in St. Petersburg on Treasure Island. They are at their house. Was thinking of visiting them this evening.

Not sure what exactly happened, but after following several independent meteorologists and their comments it was clear that the GFS model was constantly incorrect, while the ECMWF has been spot on. Seems that the multi-million dollar upgrade after Sandy was not enough. During Sandy the ECMWF was pretty much spot on for almost a week.

In regards to Jose, both ECMWF and GFS are painting a potentially ominous picture for the Northeast. A high builds over the Atlantic and pretty much blocks Jose to track out into the open Atlantic and forces Jose to track northwest from wherever he gets displaced due to Irma's landfall.

Lars
DrWind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some detailed track info from Joe Bastardi. He is predicting 150 at landfall right smack over Pine Island.

Will be interesting to watch until the power goes out.

http://www.capeweather.com/bokeelia-florida-fishing-pier-webcam.html

Lars

DJUKHibXoAE-qS_.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.54 KB
 Viewed:  8928 Time(s)

DJUKHibXoAE-qS_.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: