myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
anyone taken a lesson in gorge?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galeforce79

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 8:57 am    Post subject: anyone taken a lesson in gorge? Reply with quote

i will be heading to the gorge, Hood River. i need to take lessons once i get there, i sail in Michigan so real wind will be new to me. First off, i need to learn how to waterstart, 2nd is learn to carve my board so i can try and jibe. anyone taken lessons there? if so, where are some good places to find them? through what shop, or school?
thanks
p
cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: RE: anyone taken a lesson in gorge? Reply with quote

We took our initial lessons with Big Winds and they were pretty good. Otherwise Rhondas, or there is another fellow who my wife used and he was great, Ill try to get his name.
cannon
cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:57 pm    Post subject: RE: anyone taken a lesson in gorge? Reply with quote

All I have is a first name, Brian and I believe he is Jamaican, I guess you can ask for him at Windance and they should know who he is.
rickp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 7:30 pm    Post subject: RE: anyone taken a lesson in gorge? Reply with quote

Though its been several years since Ive been there, I really liked Rhondas. Good equipment and people. http://windsurf.gorge.net/rhondas/
LAWLER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: RE: anyone taken a lesson in gorge? Reply with quote

WHERE EVER YOU GO MAKE SURE THE INSTRUCTOR IS A GOOD COMUNICATOR, AND DOES NOT TAKE YOU WHERE THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT ITS SO CROWDED ON THE WATER YOU FEEL YOU MIGHT GET RUN OVER...AND HAVE FUN!! THE GORGE IS NOT THE BEST PLACE TO LEARN TO JIBE...FLAT WATER IS BETTER...ARUBA!
wills

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 11:28 pm    Post subject: RE: anyone taken a lesson in gorge? Reply with quote

Iwas just there and took a water start lesson with big winds they are at the end of oak st ( right at the end).they seemed to have the most equipment and largest presence in hood river. A good place to go is the marina which if the wind is good is ideal because they already have rigged gear ready to go. Thats what I did and when I was done I just walked away. No set-up you can not beat that Have fun and bring a really warm wet suit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: