myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bailey boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
combs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Bailey boards Reply with quote

Is Jeff Bailey making boards again? Windance claims to have a 2016 model. Any thoughts on the 80 or 85 liter models they have for sale? I am not very familiar with this board maker. Thanks!!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see new-looking Bailey's at 2nd Wind in Hood River, too. Baileys had a great reputation for exceptional durability and very readily accessible* and highly intuitive performance back in the early '90s when I tested and owned them, BUT he joined the no-nose fad in the mid-90s and, IMO, ruined his boards. I've paid no attention to them since then.

* Performance Windsurf Report Magazine said of the pre-no-nose versions that they felt like an old friend on the very first reach ... as comfortable as a pair of silk jockey shorts fresh out of the dryer. All of that went away with the next generation. Whether he's gone back to his roots lately I have no clue.

This link says he's making them again, and is a cheap way to find out how well they work:
http://www.windance.com/Used-Gear/Used-Windsurf-Boards/80L-Bailey-2016/39190/
surfersteve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sail often with two strong sailors who both love their Bailey boards. They jump and swell ride the S$%^ out of them. Based on watching them ride, I would consider a Bailey without hesitation if I needed a nice stick for the Gorge.
knifeonwater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has always been a talented shaper and a true craftsman, wind and surf. As far as i know he still makes boards off and on. If you find one in good shape definitely worth checking out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: