myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NJ- 24th ave Seaside, more rules regulations and nonsense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B737

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: NJ- 24th ave Seaside, more rules regulations and nonsense Reply with quote

so first it was no stepping on the beach / sand / grass, so we all got moorings for all our crap...

then they closed in the fence entry. we made a marginal improvement there and they opened it up 6 more feet (thanks NJWWA).

then they stopped allowing trailers in the parking lot.

then they stopped allowing parking on one side of the parking lot...

NOW... they have prohibited street side parking outside the fence on 24th ave & Bay ave completely. No trailers, no cars, nothing. they just put up a sign a few days ago. Someone with a trailer may not park in the lot, or park on the street now. Essentially, blocking anyone with a recreational trailer to this launch...

If it is not one thing it is another at this place. The constant squeezing never stops. lets just make it about the money already so we can buy permits to use this location and get it over with rather than continuing to edge us out. all while 50% of the parking lot goes unused and "closed".

the lot is 'owned' by the park, so that's one entity. while the street side parking is owned by the township of Berkley. Unless you live in town i dont think there is anyway to leverage that.

I will probably renew NJWWA membership as they are really our only advocate besides discussing this with local county and state representatives to send a message to the park itself.

Fanatic Freewave 95l 240cm

Last edited by B737 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing about parking regulations - if the signs disappear, it's hard to enforce them. Happened here at a small local lot. Although it could be that the owner of the house right next to it that now uses the lot for their guests is well connected to the local parking department. If you can pay $30K in property taxes a year, you can probably afford an "incentive" for the parking guys to look the other way.
B737

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha true right! ^^
the local residents have cameras fixed on this location, doing anything non-law abiding will no doubt be caught on camera by them and promptly reported.

I'm actually impressed how civilized these last two years have been given all the new rules subsequent policing from the town, IBSP Rangers and its Admin. We spread the word to new comers, kiters and sailors alike, everyone seems to oblige. As a result, we continue to have access to this little sliver of heaven. Everyone gets along, and acts like civilized humans, picking up after themselves ect...

The lot is owned by the park, I'm not sure why it's treated differently than the park's other 5 square miles or why there is an ever changing set of different rules for this little patch of land. Simply, sell permits, then enforce clearly posted rules.

Local residents within site of the lot, who purchased homes in one of the busiest shore towns in the state seem to have forgotten that fact, and hate us for no other reason than "because they live there". Well, most of us live within 15 miles of the launch and pay taxes as well.

For the record I do not have a trailer, but believe this encroachment will just continue to squeeze everyone out if not challenged.

Fanatic Freewave 95l 240cm
Windsanity287

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: IBSP Marina Reply with quote

Thank you, B737,
I hope to get in touch with IBSP Manager Jen Crawford, as well as Berkeley Township officials ASAP.
Please don't hesitate to contact them yourselves, everyone. Such BS we have to encounter
Windsanity287

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: IBSP Marina Reply with quote

Talked to IBSP Manager Jen today.
The park is considering daily fees and season passes for next year.
They are considering removing some of the "slipholer only" parking signs soon.
This was the first she heard of the no parking signs, and will investigate further.
Allowing trailers would require an "administrative code change". They are afraid of kayak trailers and commercial activities at the site.
I will await some follow up from her, as I also reach out to Berkeley Township officials.
After Labor Day, I believe the 14th Ave recreation park nearby is available for launching (with trailers) with no fee/badge required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: