myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
is this second hand board good for someone still learning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thosecars82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: is this second hand board good for someone still learning? Reply with quote

Hello

I would like to know your opinion about a reasonably priced second hand windsurfing board for a person who has sailed on windsurf around 20 times on 185 liters boards in moving sea waters with strong currents ....Further than that this person has done wáter start only around 3 times and may be it just worked randomly. That means it is still not consistent. The use of the harness is not mastered at all yet either even though it has been tried 4 or 5 times.

The second hard board is 150 liters, 2,85 mts long and 0,57 cms wide. I would like to ask you your opinion about this board for this person. The board is like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjM5WDU3Ng==/z/CqAAAOSw~FJZFC7I/$_9.JPG
I think a board should be wider tan 0,70 cms for someone who is learning. Considering the budget is limited though, I would like to know whether this board would be aceptable to keep on learning or you would consider it basically a NO GO and a waste of money no matter the price of it.

I look forward to receiving your feedback!

Thanks in advance for your advice
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the picture, that looks to be the Bic E Rock. I had one and it is a great board. If I recall its only 104 liters so depending on your size, skill and wind conditions, I would tell you it is to small to fit your needs. You would get frustrated pretty quick. Also that board is pushing 20 years old. It could be in sad shape or it could be ok. Bic builds very durable boards that are great for first time short boards. Tell us where you sail, weight, and wind conditions and we might have a few suggestions. Around here these boards are give away to anyone that might put them to good use. The Bic Techno 152 is a really good first time short board. Durable, stable, and fun once up to speed....I'm pretty sure that board is not 150 liters...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: